3.1.3 spirit to 4.01?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Snaila4, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Snaila4 macrumors newbie

Recent posts have succeeded in confusing me. I thought I was on the right track but now I just don't know.

Am I able to use my SHSH on file and make the move from 3.1.3 to 4.01. Does spirit make it a no-go?

If that is the case, what did spirit do that prevents my moving to ios4?

:confused:

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you have 4.0.1 shsh's on file you can restore to 4.0.1 and use jailbreakme.com
    Spirit didnt do anything preventing you nothing.
    You have a 3GS right?

3. Snaila4 thread starter macrumors newbie

It is a 3gs. Thanks

working on setting up first draft of my sig now. lurked long enough. thought it was time to join.

4. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Does your 3GS have old or new bootrom?

If old, install Spirit2pwn > pwned JB > accepts custom firmware through Cydia. Afterward, create (pwnagetool) or find (google) custom JB firmware (one that keeps the baseband), and then, restore with it through iTunes.

If new, you will need to work with SHSH files, with tinyumbrella or editing your host file.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly.

6. Snaila4 thread starter macrumors newbie

could it be bootrom 359? old, I think. I am on the way out for a couple hours. I guess I will need to double check when I get home. Thanks.

7. jgsudderth macrumors newbie

hopefully on topic

I have a Spirit Jailbroken 3GS running 3.1.3 (7E18) and modem firmware 05.12.01 and a Windows 7 Home edition 64 bit version. Today is October 9th, 2010 and here is what I want to accomplish. I want to upgrade to 4.0 NOT 4.1 as I understand there is no jailbreak available for 4.1 as of today. What is the best way to go about this, I have used many different jailbreak programs, mac and pc, and just want to narrow the field down to the one currently working for my needs.

So how do I:

1. Get from 3.1.3 to 4.0 not 4.1
    2. Rejailbreak my phone for 4.0
    3. If I can only do this on a mac, please let me know, and I will take it home and do it, but i would still need the proper steps/programs.
    Thank everyone so much!

John