3.1.3 Upgrade To 4.0

ArchSlayer100

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2010
I have a few questions, but first of all, here is what I am running. I have an iPod Touch 3rd Gen, v3.1.3 and it's already Jailbroken with Spirit. My computers OS is Windows 7 Ultimate (if that info is needed).
Now come the questions:
1. I'd like to upgrade my iPod the 4.0 firmware but without losing my cracked Installous app and Cydia apps. How can I do this?
2. If I cannot do the above, is it possible to sync my cracked apps to iTunes, upgrade to 4.0, re-jailbreak and then re-sync my apps to my iPod. If so, how?
3. Is there even a Jailbreak for 4.0? If so, what is it?

Thanks in advance and if anyone can help, I'll be eternally grateful. ;)

Giuly

macrumors 68040
I have a few questions, but first of all, here is what I am running. I have an iPod Touch 3rd Gen, v3.1.3 and it's already Jailbroken with Spirit. My computers OS is Windows 7 Ultimate (if that info is needed).
Now come the questions:
1. I'd like to upgrade my iPod the 4.0 firmware but without losing my cracked Installous app and Cydia apps. How can I do this?
Backup them and reinstall them after you JB'ed iOS 4.
2. If I cannot do the above, is it possible to sync my cracked apps to iTunes, upgrade to 4.0, re-jailbreak and then re-sync my apps to my iPod. If so, how?
Backup the Applications folder via SSH or those iPhone File Browers, and copy them after the JB.
3. Is there even a Jailbreak for 4.0? If so, what is it?
Naviagate your iPod to the online jailbreak. You'll see a slider saying "Jailbreak", drag it to the right, wait a couple of minutes, and your done:

ArchSlayer100

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2010
Two more questions now. What's the name of the app that allows me to sync Cydia apps to iTunes? Also, what's the app that allows me to sync Installous apps to iTunes?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.