3.1.3 Upgrade To 4.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by ArchSlayer100, Aug 7, 2010.

1. ArchSlayer100 macrumors newbie

I have a few questions, but first of all, here is what I am running. I have an iPod Touch 3rd Gen, v3.1.3 and it's already Jailbroken with Spirit. My computers OS is Windows 7 Ultimate (if that info is needed).
    Now come the questions:
    1. I'd like to upgrade my iPod the 4.0 firmware but without losing my cracked Installous app and Cydia apps. How can I do this?
    2. If I cannot do the above, is it possible to sync my cracked apps to iTunes, upgrade to 4.0, re-jailbreak and then re-sync my apps to my iPod. If so, how?
    3. Is there even a Jailbreak for 4.0? If so, what is it?

Thanks in advance and if anyone can help, I'll be eternally grateful. ;)

2. daniel000 macrumors member

mate im after the same info!! Have the same specs as you too lol

3. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

Backup them and reinstall them after you JB'ed iOS 4.
    Backup the Applications folder via SSH or those iPhone File Browers, and copy them after the JB.
    Naviagate your iPod to the online jailbreak. You'll see a slider saying "Jailbreak", drag it to the right, wait a couple of minutes, and your done:
    [​IMG]

4. ArchSlayer100 thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there some sort of app that allows me to sync to iTunes?

5. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

yeah, you gotta add a source then add their package in order to sync 3rd party apps from itunes to your device

6. ArchSlayer100 thread starter macrumors newbie

Two more questions now. What's the name of the app that allows me to sync Cydia apps to iTunes? Also, what's the app that allows me to sync Installous apps to iTunes?