3.1 and signal

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michaelgettys, Jul 6, 2009.

1. michaelgettys macrumors member

I bought the 3gs on the day it came out. I bought the original iphone back in the day and the 3g when it came out. I remember that when the 3g came out dropped calls were very bad. And the 3gs is having the same problems. I am not really dropping calls but just always going to egde when i should have full 3g and saying "no signal" I put 3.1 on when it came out and i can not see a change even with the baseband and modem changing.
    anyone else having the same problems?

2. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

I don't have the new 3GS but on my 3G ever since I changed to the new firmware I've had more dropped calls in the last 2 weeks than I have in the last 8 months...

I don't know if it's AT&T or what but it just seems odd to me that this all happened after I upgraded the firmware...

Also I don't know what's up with this but in the last 1 1/2 weeks my edge speed has been a lot faster than 3G. I've done a couple of restores and still having the same issue... I'm in the NYC area....

James

3. michaelgettys thread starter macrumors member

If you are in the NYC area I think it's just AT&T can't keep up with all of the iPhones up there