3.1 battery life TOO good?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Brewerpaul, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Brewerpaul macrumors regular

I've been reading about people being unhappy with battery life after the 3.1 upgrade. I upgraded 2 days ago and since then my full battery meter has not dropped one bit. I haven't used the Touch a huge amount, but I'd think the meter would have dropped at least a little bit by now.
    Is it possible that the meter is just not working since the upgrade, and it'll suddenly shut down?

2. iSpaghettiCat macrumors regular

Why complain about good battery?

If you want to make sure that your meter is working, jailbreak 3.1 when the jailbreak is released, install the battery % from SBSettings but don't install anything else, backup your touch, and restore to a regular 3.1.

You'll keep the battery % and have no jailbreak.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Regardless of wether the battery meter is in % or standard if it is indeed stuck the info would be the same though I can see your point if the battery was at 95% it would still be graphically full. The easiest way to see if it was stuck would be to restart your iPod by holding the home and power button till you see the apple logo.

4. iSpaghettiCat macrumors regular

Yeah. I've noticed if I restart my iPod, when I had the %, it went from, say, 100% to around 85% after a restart. But then it would slowly jump back up. So a restart would tell you if the meter is working or not.

5. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

I've noticed it,mine goes down,just not as much as you would expect,I was on youtube 3 hours last night and it went down only like 1/4 of the way,it used too be almost dead by then,maybe it fixed it or something I don'y know.Maybe it made the battery gagdes work right.
    :apple:

6. Brewerpaul thread starter macrumors regular

Looks like it was just a stuck meter, not a super battery:(
    I totally shut down and restarted and the meter continued it's usual downward slide.

7. Xoradtasticxo macrumors newbie