3.1 beta showing up but profile was removed?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by c0LdFire, Sep 24, 2016.

1. c0LdFire macrumors regular

Jul 10, 2013
    This morning I started being prompted to install the 3.1 beta on my watch. I removed the beta profile after the release of 3.0, though...

I just tried re-adding and removing the profile again, but no luck. Any ideas as to what would be causing this?
  2. ZebraDude macrumors 6502a

Sep 7, 2014
    Naperville, IL
    Only a development profile is able to download betas for the watches. Hmmm
  3. c0LdFire thread starter macrumors regular

Jul 10, 2013
    Yeah, and I've had it removed for awhile now. I'm not sure what the deal is :/
  4. FrisbeeK9 macrumors 6502a

Jun 26, 2006
    I thought when I INSTALLED the GM version I'd be off the beta program but I got the request to dL the beta 3.1. So I did and it's fine. Weird I thought I'd be removed from beta for the future.
  5. Peepo macrumors 6502a

Jun 18, 2009
    I had this happen this morning as well.
    I also removed the beta profile before the official release of WatchOS.

What I did is unpair the watch and repair again. Took about 45 min to an hour for the entire process. All my settings are like they were before and I only had to re-add my apple pay credit and debit cards. I also had to re-enable again unlocking my MacBook with my Apple Watch (it was unchecked after I did the re-pairing).

Did a check for update in the Watch app on iPhone and says there is no update available and I am on 3.0 still.
    Hopefully that fixed it.
  6. john991 macrumors 6502a

Sep 30, 2014
  7. c0LdFire thread starter macrumors regular

Jul 10, 2013
    Ah, great, this tells me that the beta profile isn't always removing itself properly. What a pain.
  8. Mik3F macrumors 6502

Feb 3, 2011
    I had to do the same, un pair and then repair and set up as a new watch to remove the profile
  9. Peepo macrumors 6502a

Jun 18, 2009
    I restored from backup and didn't setup as new.