3.1 Jailbreak carrier logo disappeared?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mustard Chops, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Mustard Chops macrumors regular

Performed a successful JB last night on 3G. It was already jailbroken running 3.0.

My carrier logo (O2-UK) has disappeared now though... Any ideas?

2. RandomKamikaze macrumors 6502a

RandomKamikaze

I have this as well. But I'm not too worried as I've got signal strength and I know who my carrier is

3. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

tried doing a reset settings from the general menu in settings?

4. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

mine did this as well. kind of running slow also

5. saxey macrumors member

I am seeing the same issue.

If anyone has found a fix for this...that would be great.

6. Wolf103FM macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16)

i had this happen as well. restored with the official ipsw and got it back, then restored with a fresh pwned ipsw and i still have the logo

7. pauliphone macrumors regular

just done mine and the o2 is still there... have you tried changing through sbsettings or make it mine app?

8. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

I had the same issue. I got fed up restoring to my PWNd IPSW and it not showing up so I just restored to the official (I use AT&T) and it came back.

I was just trying to put it into DFU and Pwn it but... Got some error and had to leave my phone at home with a blank screen so I could go to work. :( I need to get home and Pwn that Phwn! :p

9. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Musclenerd said on Twitter that they're still not sure why the carrier id/logo doesn't work with ultrasn0w under 3.1, but it is a known issue. I'm sure someone will eventually figure it out. It does not appear to affect service in any way.

10. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Well, I wasn't even using Ultrasn0w and it still didn't show up. Oh well... I just went ahead and upgraded the baseband anyway. I don't really care about unlock. When my plan is ready for an upgrade I'll get a HTC Hero and keep this as an iPod for all my games. :p

11. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Hmm. Maybe I'm wrong about it being an ultrasn0w issue. Perhaps it's a problem with jailbroken 3.1 after all.

12. kiddawg macrumors newbie

Maybe it's an issue jailbreaking from 3.0. My iPhone 3g was on Jailbreak 3.0. My wife's iPhone 3g was on official 3.1 (not jailbroken). I upgraded mine and got no carrier logo. I updated hers and the ATT logo was there after syncing with iTunes. Just a thought.

13. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Yea, I was thinking something like that too... I updated my phone to 3.1 original and the logo came back. Waiting until I get home to get PWNd 3.1 back on there. I'm debating whether to set up as new or not... :( I don't want to in case it has any problems with it but I don't want to do everything all over again... *Sigh*

14. kiddawg macrumors newbie

Yeah...I'm @ work but have access to do everything. I setup my phone (ie. themes/apps) the way I'm used to already this morning. I really don't feel like jailbreaking again just to get the ATT logo lol. There is a plist edit that you can do. I just tried it and it works. It put the Logo back. But I think I'll just wait to see if the dev team comes up with a better fix.

15. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Does it have your carrier in Settings>About?

16. kiddawg macrumors newbie

here's what it looks like
    att_carrier.jpg

17. jck1634 macrumors regular

jck1634

Just to let you guys know, I had the same problem last night with the carrier logo not showing. Decided to use the official FW update as I don't use the unlock so I don't mind the baseband being upgraded.
    Anyway, just got home and decided to run Pwnage tool again and for whatever reason my carrier logo is now showing.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

18. kiddawg macrumors newbie

Aiight...you've inspired me to try one more time. right after I got everything setup just the way I like it....LOL. headed back tot he jailbreak lab. So...let me get this right. I should restore to the official 3.1 ipsw from apple. Then run pwnage tool?

19. jck1634 macrumors regular

jck1634

Lol. Yup that’s what I did. You should know though, you won't be able to unlock your phone to use on a different carrier once you use the official FW.

20. kiddawg macrumors newbie

Yeah...no unlock needed. thx...will post the outcome

21. kiddawg macrumors newbie

That worked. I restored with the official 3.1 FW from apple. Then ran the pwnage tool and restored my JB. I still have my carrier logo. I guess the issue is trying to jump right from 3.0 to the 3.1 jb FW from the Dev-team.

22. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Yea, it says Not Available there. So even if you put the logo back with the plist (which I don't see it anymore, did you undo that?) the About section will still say Not Available for the Carrier.

23. kiddawg macrumors newbie

Here's what it looks like after I did what I mentioned above. works perfect now

carrier.jpg

24. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Oh awesome! How did you do that then? If when I get home and find the logo gone again I'll just do that instead of restoring my phone again for a 4th time. :p

25. kiddawg macrumors newbie

gotta restore it with the official apple 3.1 fw. Once you're fully on 3.1 (unjailbroken) then create a custom fw with the pwnage tool. then restore from the custom fw and that's it. That worked for me.