3,1 MacPro 10+ Min Startup Time

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by CanadaPleco, Aug 3, 2011.

1. CanadaPleco macrumors newbie

Alright my house got hit by lightening about a year ago, my mac pro has never been the same. The onboard ethernet was fried and now I am using just a usb wifi, no big deal. What really pisses me off is that it takes 10-15 minutes to start up. I have read through the forum and the apple forums for countless hours.

Done pram smc etc reset, the apple hardware test with nothing coming up.

It boots to a blue screen and stays there for a long long time, no cursor or anything, then all of a sudden pops into the desktop. I've re-built the whole computer from scratch, even loaded the OS (10.6.7) onto a few different HD's to see if there were any different results. No luck

Sadly I live 2-3 hrs from the closest Apple Store, so asking for ideas here first.

2. djjclark macrumors regular

look in your console log or go in to a verbose boot to see what the delay is from. Odds it is waiting on some network timeout from the fried ports.

3. jenzjen macrumors 68000

So, you've already taken the machine basically back to square one, i.e. disconnect all devices except your monitor, put a clean OS install on the stock HD and remove all others and remove/undo any other mods as well? Basically get the machine back to bone stock?