3.1 Update, No Microphone During Calls

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by StephenVB, Sep 9, 2009.

1. StephenVB macrumors newbie

Iphone 3GS, update to 3.1 went smooth with no issues. Received a call prior and worked fine. Phone call afterward, no one can hear me.

All other iphone/ipod sounds work as before. I can use Voice Commands and record a voice memo. I reset it several times, turned it on/off several times, restored to factory settings and restored latest backup, and even put in/removed the headset jack a couple dozed times.

I can receive phone calls, send receive email & text messages. Everything appears to work except for the mic during a phone call.

I give up, any ideas?

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

3. StephenVB thread starter macrumors newbie

No Bluetooth devices and Bluetooth is turned off. Call forwarding is also off.

Bummer...

4. mikeo1069 macrumors member

not sure if this will work since mic working for other apps, but every once in a while my old iphone's mic would not work after i pulled out the headphones from the jack. Something in the jack got stuck and it made the Iphone think the headphone was still in. To correct this i stuck the headphone in/out a couple of times. Good luck

5. yoink macrumors member

yoink

I have experienced this as well. Same issue, same remedy.

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

+3 ^^^ If those other checks have been done, then headset plug-in/unplug....:confused:

7. StephenVB thread starter macrumors newbie

No dice. Inserted/removed headphones about 15 times. Microphone on head phones does not even work during a phone call.

:(

8. StephenVB thread starter macrumors newbie

Just tried to downgrade to 3.0.1 and that failed to the restore process. It looks like I'm heading to the :apple: Store in the morning.:(

9. StephenVB thread starter macrumors newbie

For what it's worth, Apple replaced the phone for free. The microphone was dead for calls (both with and without headphones) but worked for every other function. :)

10. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

That's a weird sounding problem!

Glad they took care of you :)

11. DIABLOW macrumors member

Apple sucks! Now my iPod touch cannot detect my S9 motorola bluetooth.
    Make me worry to update my iPhone 3G to 3.1.