3.10.01 Firmware 4.2.1 IP4 Unlock

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by navigates, Apr 20, 2011.

1. navigates macrumors 6502a

Being part of the community for a long time, I've seen a trend where the Dev team holds back on the unlock releases until a stable apple release. Its been a long time since they have released the unlock for any of the iphone 4 firmwares except the initial one.

Is there any predictions as to when it is going to come out?
    In my opinion Apple/AT&T should unlock people's phones if they serve out their contract as there is an early termination fee anyways. Blackberry phones are similar priced and can be unlocked almost immediately based upon your history of usage.

Its unfair that this practice of having phones locked to the providers is still prevalent in the US.

2. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

There are no predictions. The team has not claimed a working, distributable unlock for anything beyond 1.59.00.

3. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Jeez, not another one. :rolleyes:
    Look congress has been bought off by the corporations. Until that ends, you're not going to see AT&T forced into offering unlocks anytime soon.
    The devteam member who wrote the unlock software has gone MIA. The iPad bb exploit was based off his old work, so it's likely that no suitable replacement has been found.

For $180, you can buy an unlock that's supposed to be permanent.

4. rtc872 macrumors member

Damn. I just got back from Japan and now have a very expensive ipod. I asked about unlocking here in Australia and they said to contact softbank and if they say ok they can unlock it. I don't think Softbank will say ok.

Oh well maybe one day it can be used. Please Dev team. I do thank you for your work this far.