3.2.2 broke resting energy

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by xenzo1990, May 23, 2017.

1. xenzo1990 macrumors newbie

Has anyone else noticed that the Health app isn't receiving any resting energy data from the watch after the update?

I'm using a series 0 and there is a complete lack of data since I updated. Active energy seems the same. But interestingly, the Activity app now gives a much higher than normal Total Calories. So I have no idea what is going on.

Anyone else?

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Resting Energy (aka: BMR) is calculated by your metrics. Unless you use a connected scale (I use Withings) it will probably be a static number. Check to be sure all your metrics are correct (hight, age, gender, weight,...). If so then click on Resting Energy>Data Sources & Access and be sure your :apple:Watch is listed as a Data Source and above another devices.

3. xenzo1990 thread starter macrumors newbie

I haven't changed anything. All I know is it has stopped recording as of the evening of the 21st.

Attached Files:

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Understand BUT did you check and confirm the 2 things I suggested? If so have you restored both devises? Next have you tried un-pairing and re-paring?

5. WilliamG macrumors G3

Yep, same here. My Series 0 stopped getting resting data on May 15 which is when I got 3.2.2.

6. kris24morris macrumors newbie

kris24morris

It's broke mine as well. I have a series 2 and the last bit of resting energy my Health app has is from right before I did the latest OS update to 3.2.2.

I've checked to data sources and it's set to pull from the watch and have re-paired the devices... still nothing. I love when fixes, create additional bugs. lol

7. WilliamG macrumors G3

At least it's likely all generations of Apple Watch rather than Series 0 only. Makes it much more likely to quickly get fixed.