3.2.2 broke resting energy

xenzo1990

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2017
Has anyone else noticed that the Health app isn't receiving any resting energy data from the watch after the update?

I'm using a series 0 and there is a complete lack of data since I updated. Active energy seems the same. But interestingly, the Activity app now gives a much higher than normal Total Calories. So I have no idea what is going on.

Anyone else?

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Resting Energy (aka: BMR) is calculated by your metrics. Unless you use a connected scale (I use Withings) it will probably be a static number. Check to be sure all your metrics are correct (hight, age, gender, weight,...). If so then click on Resting Energy>Data Sources & Access and be sure your :apple:Watch is listed as a Data Source and above another devices.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Understand BUT did you check and confirm the 2 things I suggested? If so have you restored both devises? Next have you tried un-pairing and re-paring?

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Has anyone else noticed that the Health app isn't receiving any resting energy data from the watch after the update?

I'm using a series 0 and there is a complete lack of data since I updated. Active energy seems the same. But interestingly, the Activity app now gives a much higher than normal Total Calories. So I have no idea what is going on.

Anyone else?
Yep, same here. My Series 0 stopped getting resting data on May 15 which is when I got 3.2.2.

kris24morris

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2017

Anyone else?
It's broke mine as well. I have a series 2 and the last bit of resting energy my Health app has is from right before I did the latest OS update to 3.2.2.

I've checked to data sources and it's set to pull from the watch and have re-paired the devices... still nothing. I love when fixes, create additional bugs. lol

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
It's broke mine as well. I have a series 2 and the last bit of resting energy my Health app has is from right before I did the latest OS update to 3.2.2.

I've checked to data sources and it's set to pull from the watch and have re-paired the devices... still nothing. I love when fixes, create additional bugs. lol
At least it's likely all generations of Apple Watch rather than Series 0 only. Makes it much more likely to quickly get fixed.

Reactions: kris24morris
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.