3.2.2 to 3.2.1 major problem

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by oli356, Sep 6, 2010.

1. oli356 macrumors 6502

Damn it..

So i was on 3.2.1 since its come out using jailbreakme. I did the cydia "my life easier" thing to save the SHSH blobs.

Today my iPad crashed and it went to the screen where it shows the usb logo so i had to restore it.
    I went onto http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ and downloaded 3.2.2.
    I restored and everything was fine... but i then realised that 3.2.2 was the newest and can't be jailbroken.

So i went back and got the 3.2 one and went into DFU mode. But when i try to downgrade to 3.2 i get a 3194 error in iTunes :( Probably because i upgraded so I didn't have cydia anymore so the blob thing goes?

Any way i can get back to 3.2.1 and jailbreak?

Sucks without multitasking and all the other features I have become reliant on. Important things such as being able to password protect apps and hide them etc

Thank you in advance.

2. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

cydia saves your blobs. removing cydia doesn't mean they don't have them anymore.

follow the instructions here: http://www.saurik.com/id/12#howto

you need to add an entry to you hosts file (on mac) or whatever they call it in windows to re-route the request itunes sends (to request apple's signature). Cydia will return apple's signature for 3.2.1 and you will be able to activate.

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

You have to download 3.2.1 not 3.2, the shsh you got saved are for 3.2.1 and it will only word for that version.

Download TinyUmbrella, start TTS server and option+restore using itunes like normal.

4. oli356 thread starter macrumors 6502

Forgot to update this yesterday.

I came across a 3.2.1 firmware so i downloaded that.. put it into DFU mode and it was fine :D

Weird how the site i went on didn't have 3.2.1...

Oh well fixed now.
    Thanks anyway