3.2 OS coming to the iPod Touch/iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by metalhead777, Mar 27, 2010.

1. metalhead777 macrumors regular

Has anyone heard anything about it? Would love to know if there is any news about it!

2. lyons238 macrumors 6502

im hoping there isnt because the jailbreak for the current one is still underway

3. trojanvillage macrumors member

I wouldn't be surprised if "iPhone OS 3.2" is just a temporary title. There are a lot of iPad-only features and design paradigms that cannot be translated into the iPhone or iPod Touch. iPhone will never run "3.2" as it stands. For instance, Popovers and Split Views. These require the large screen real-estate of the iPad, not because of pixels, but the size of our fingers. Most likely, we will have a rebranding of the OS. "iOS" makes sense but continuing to call it "iPhone OS" would be like Apple still calling themselves "Apple Computers Inc". It's outdated.

4. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I like OS X Mobile more than iOS(I think Cisco owns that trademark anyway)/

5. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

I like Mac OS X Mobile more.....

like SAMSUNG Mobile.
    ;)

6. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

No. 3.2 is only for the iPad and WILL NOT come to the iPhone/iPod touch.

7. metalhead777 thread starter macrumors regular

Dude, have you done any research? I'm not dissing you, but geohot and the Dev Team both said that they wouldn't be releasing jailbreak/unlock because 3.1.3 was to flush out all the jailbreaks and unlocks. Sure, they found exploits and crashes, but I doubt they'll ever release it. Even if they do, it'll be too late.

8. metalhead777 thread starter macrumors regular

You've gotta be kidding me. That is so lame. Can't they take out the iPad features and import what can be on the iPod Touch/iPhone imported? :(

9. na1577 macrumors 6502a

If there is anything from 3.2 that will appear on the iPhone, it probably won't be added until OS 4.0.

10. trojanvillage macrumors member

Because the major changes are the iPad-specific UI changes, which require a larger screen, period, and changes to documents and text. That's it. What features are you expecting for iPhone OS 3.2 if it ever makes it onto an actual iPhone? It will may include text support features but i HIGHLY doubt it. You'll have to wait for 4.0.

11. metalhead777 thread starter macrumors regular

12. ljonesj macrumors 6502a

ljonesj

one of the main things i want for my touch is the wallpaper on the home and lock screen like the ipad has for home and lock screens

13. NJMetsHero macrumors regular

14. YsOuucK macrumors newbie

same here. just makes it more personalized, rather than just another ipod touch.

15. ljonesj macrumors 6502a

ljonesj

thats why i jailbroke my touch but i stupidly went to 3.1.3 so no good jailbreak option at the moment