3-5 days shipping? WTF?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JRoDDz, Mar 11, 2011.

1. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

What's the sense of having your product out on March 11th if it takes 5 days to get here? No pre-order is the suckage.

2. OSMac macrumors 65816

Will take longer that's when it leaves China....?

3-5 days shipping not delivery.

3. Coukos34 macrumors 6502

Its called go to a store :rolleyes:

4. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

Have you checked ship times recently? It's already worse - much worse - for ATT and wifi models: 2-3 weeks!! :eek::eek:

5. Munitalp macrumors 65816

They usually ship them in large batches from China but it goes overnight to Alaska and then on to the FedEx hub where its broken up into individual shipments... usually its only like 2-3 days from shipment in China to delivery at your house.

6. Munitalp macrumors 65816

More like for every iPad model, WiFi, ATT, Verizon :eek:

7. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

Gotta admit, I missed the boat on this one. I thought for sure Apple would have pre-positioned (staged) inventory at shipping warehouses across the country. The "fast, free shipping" tagline got me.

Free -- yes
    Fast -- not so sure!
    Delivery set for next Friday (18 March) through the following Friday (25 March; 2 weeks after order completion). That's just not fast at all! Even by sloth standards...

8. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

Wow, I am glad I got it when it was supposed to be delivered by 2 weeks, not just ship out by then. Boy am I glad I had a nightmare last night that made me wake up at 5:30 AM instead of my usual 8 AM.

I am still going to go to the Apple store this afternoon after my phone conferences and try to snag one in person. The way it looks, if I end up with 2 iPads I should be able to sell one on eBay and combined with what I sold my iPad 1 for I should have a free upgrade (or better). :D

9. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

Bastard ;) :D

10. suresh31 macrumors regular

Will have to wait until late today to see if the shipping option in our orders change to Overnight Shipping. Apple did this in the past, I doubt they want to piss off online buyers by not shipping today to at least those that ordered very early in the morning. Lets be patient, they will do it.

11. JRoDDz, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011

JRoDDz thread starter macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

So much for "Fast, Free Shipping". 5 days is fast? Now it's 2-3 weeks. It's not even 9am in the morning.

12. Saberj macrumors regular

Looks like everything has changed to 2-3 weeks. Except the Verizon 3G models. Those are still holding firm at 3-5 days. Poor Verizon. :p

13. jisaac macrumors member

14. jisaac macrumors member

15. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

Some may argue call quality is better with verizon, but their data speeds are considerably slower than at&t everywhere.

16. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

Yep, me too. Thought for sure initial supplies would be plentiful the first few days. Got in on the 5-7 days.

17. hallaisen macrumors regular

got up in the morning to order for my gf's brother but he gave me the wrong cc info. at that point it was 5-7 days to ship but by the time we got it sorted its 2-3 weeks. unlucky for him.

18. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

Maybe but I have never had this happen with Apple. If they say shipping in 3-5 days it will ship in 3 business days. If they say delivery between the 18th and the 25th ... it will be delivered on the 18th.

19. drewyboy macrumors 65816

I'm wondering if the Tsunami is having effects on the shipping time because of Alaska. I know there probably isn't too much damage in alaska, but still, it's possible reason. Prayers go out to all those in Japan, Hawaii, Alaska. Hopefully people are smart enough on the west coast to get up to safe ground.

20. iLucas macrumors 6502

I ordered mine around 1.5 hours after it was released this morning, and it said estimated shipping time 3-5 days, but now since it says 2-3 weeks, will mine still take the 3-5 days?

21. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Relax,
    you waited this long a few days won't kill you. If it will then cancel the order and wait in line or take your chances at BB, walmart, target.

22. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

It's tempting. But I just don't want to wait in line. Stores should have an online iPad wait in line status. haha.:D

23. Mike Oxsaw macrumors newbie

Thing that annoys me is that it's clear that the reason they ditched the preorder was that the store rush was beginning to die down - as it did for the last phone launch.

They love the rush - the 5pm thing is to get it on the evening news. They want local news crews outside the stores with people lining up.

I hate being played - but of course I got up and ordered a couple already.

24. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

Yes. It is first come first serve. People placing their orders NOW have to wait 2-3 weeks for shipping. People who placed it when it said 3-5 days or 5-7 days (which is what mine said) will get theirs sooner.

I bet that by later this evening it will say 4 weeks or more.

Though from what I recall of the original iPad launch, everyone who showed up to the store on release day (even in the afternoon) got one. It wasn't until day 2 or 3 that they all got sold out, IIRC.

They also allowed people to buy whatever model they wanted, not just the one they reserved. I had originally reserved a 16GB Wi-FI and switched to 32GB when the time came to actually pay for it.

I bet today anyone who gets in line at an Apple store will probably get one.