3-5 days to ship?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ct04, Jan 18, 2011.

1. ct04 macrumors member

Hey dudes -

Does the ip4 really take at&t 3-5 days to ship?! I can walk down to the apple store and pick one up in about 15 minutes if not for the damn corporate ordering plan. Anyone know whether the wait is really this long?

And yes, I know I'm being childish.

2. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

3. ct04 thread starter macrumors member

2 days to process + x days to ship to me, huh? bummer - was hoping to see it before the weekend.

Thanks for the response to an exceptionally stupid question.

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Well, as you said earlier, why don't you walk down to the Apple store?

By corporate plan do you mean the FAN discount? I was able to apply that after I bought my phone.

Or do you have something else going on?

5. ct04 thread starter macrumors member

It's not the FAN discount. My company supports iphones just the way they support blackberrys - so I'm replacing my corporate bb with a corporate iphone so to speak. I pay for the hardware, they pay for everything else, but that means we have to order through the dreaded at&t site.

in any case, the order's been made, so now I'm just waiting & hoping for a quick ship. Any ideas what the standard "free ATT shipping" entails? ...overnight? (yeah right, it's super saver ground I'm sure)

6. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I just went back to iPhone a few weeks ago and no a single company AT&T store even had a iPhone4 in stock. I had to go tot eh local Apple store to pick one up. I checked today and my local AT&T store STILL does not have a iPhone4.

Maybe they are trying to get back at Apple! <vbg>

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It's probably the slowest ground option.
    Since you already ordered just sit back and wait. You will get it soon.

8. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

When I ordered my wife's iP4 through AT&T's preimier site it was shipped SAME DAY! I ordered around 11:00 am and got an email saying it shipped that evening so don't lose hope. You might get it before the weekend.

9. hexonxonx macrumors 601

It says ships in 24 hours. If you order it to today with overnight shipping, you can have it by tomorrow. Whenever I have ordered from the Apple store before noon, I've always chose overnight and had it the next day. Didn't matter that it said ships within 24 hours.

Standard shipping is just too slow for my tastes.

10. ineedamac macrumors 6502

I had to order my iPhone 4 through a corporate ordering system. Once AT&T processed the order it took 2 days to get to me. Relax, you'll have it on Friday. It will be well worth the wait. ;)

11. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

3 - 5 days is nothing...
    What is the problem?

12. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Free shipping I believe is 2days. They usually ship the same day and if that's the case the earliest you would have it would be Thursday and the latest should be Friday.

13. ct04 thread starter macrumors member

thanks all - think we can close this thread, at&t was right on the ball and shipped after a couple of hours. Two-day as others have mentioned. cheers all and thanks for answering a question for an over-excited corporate drone looking forward to dropping the blackberry.