3.5 months in, how's you bumper?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by yanki01, Oct 12, 2010.

1. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

So ive had my blue bumper since the second week from launch of the iPhone 4. I love the bumper. I have the black one aswell. My first choice was white but of course always out of stock, then the free case program came. I now can purchase one but im sure have changed a bit over time. My blue bumper has gotten some discoloring and peeling? i find the peeling weird on the actual plastic part. the discoloring is on the rubber. it looks a little green sometimes. I just wanted to know with those with the white bumper, how's it holding up. mine is always in my pocket with nothing else. pics if you have them.

2. chanerz macrumors 6502a

My blue is turning black on the sides. I'm not using the bumper now.

3. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Destroyed mine trying to clean it. It's absolutely impossible.

I have a pink genuine Apple spare gifted to me by a friend that I'll be putting on soon. After that one goes, it'll be nothing but the eBay OEM versions at $10 or so maximum. Whatever material Apple used for the colored ones stains very easily and permanently, paying full retail for them is a massive waste of money.

4. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

5. falconeight Guest

falconeight

I threw my white one in the trash. Mostly because it was not white anymore.

6. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

I bought a black bumper and used it constantly until lending it to a friend who was off traveling and hadn't got one yet. She's used it much the same way as me - having to take it off for large cables/docks than the opening allows - and it's loose now at the rubber only join on the top. Looks like the constant removal/reapplication takes its toll...

7. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

just boiled mine up lastnight and she's tight as a nun again!

8. eagleglen macrumors 65816

eagleglen

I have a white bumper and the edge right below the home button is beginning to crack. I was going to complain to Apple until I realized I had gotten it for free since I was issued a refund for it. I'd say it has failed to hold up to normal wear and tear.

9. MST macrumors 6502

MST

PMSL!

10. Blue Fox macrumors 6502a

Blue Fox

Had the bumper for a while, even had a couple of other cases, but I still can't stop using the iPhone neckid. It just feels and looks so much better without any sort of case. I'm just making sure I take extra special care of it while it's in it's birthday suit.

As for the bumper, mine still looks pretty good. It's nicked up just a little bit (to be expected on plastic), but I wasn't necessarily easy on the phone with the bumper on either.

11. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Ditto.

12. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

I just spit up my new Sierra Mist Natural reading this.

I love you.

13. yanki01 thread starter macrumors 68040

yanki01

lmao! Yea my black one is fine, color wise. the blue on the other hand is a bit different. I can only imagine how the white one will look.