3.5mm Bluetooth Adaptor Kit for Car

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by willmtaylor, Apr 21, 2016.

1. willmtaylor, Apr 21, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2016

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Is anyone using a 3.5mm Bluetooth adaptor kit in their vehicle or have any experience with one? Looking for good or bad experiences and any brands that you either recommend or recommend I stay away from.

Thanks

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

Are you looking for a setup like this?:

iPhone>Bluetooth audio signal>Bluetooth receiver>3.5mm connector>Car Stereo Aux IN

If so, so am I.

I'm going to order this one:

http://www.amazon.com/HomeSpot-NFC-enabled-Bluetooth-Audio-Receiver/dp/B00G57CWZ8

My reason for this is that it gets power from USB and doesn't have a battery. It powers up with the car and pairs automatically with your phone (if it's not powered via an "always ON" type cigarette lighter/USB plug).

For me, the devices with a rechargeable battery are problematic as most, if not all, need a button push to initiate pairing and ours will be hidden in the center console.

I won't have it installed until next week.

3. willmtaylor thread starter macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Yes, something of that nature.

I am currently leaning towards this model, as it has many good reviews and is recommended by TheWirecutter:
    http://www.amazon.com/iClever-Bluetooth-Hands-Free-Multi-Point-Activation/dp/B00GJFGE0K

4. JTravers macrumors 6502a

5. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

After searching its reviews I've ordered this one instead of the Homespot. Owners of our particular car (that has built-in BT phone only) say that it works well with both BTs at the same time.