$3.99 OEM lightning to USB

xsquid

macrumors regular
May 27, 2015

iConnected

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2011
Mod's if this is against the rules please delete. Just passing on a deal I saw on twitter. I've bought myself a few to keep around and they're legit. Can't beat the price. ...
You say you've bought some and "they're legit".

To confirm - for those of a cautious nature - can you please confirm whether they meet the authenticity criteria specified here?

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204566

An Apple Lightning to USB cable has "Designed by Apple in California" and either "Assembled in China," "Assembed in Vietnam," or "Indústria Brasileira" on the cable about seven inches from the USB connector. You'll see a serial number with either 12 or 17 digits at the end of this text. [page includes graphic representation of the writing]​

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
Texas
Doh, I was thinking the micro usb to lightning for some reason when I posted. Nice price.

Hoping for the best for the texans and okies right now.
thank you kindly. my family and I were no more than 20miles south when the floods hit, ironically at another spot by a different river. scary night, those people missing are from my city. sad situation all around.

----------

You say you've bought some and "they're legit".

To confirm - for those of a cautious nature - can you please confirm whether they meet the authenticity criteria specified here?

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204566

An Apple Lightning to USB cable has "Designed by Apple in California" and either "Assembled in China," "Assembed in Vietnam," or "Indústria Brasileira" on the cable about seven inches from the USB connector. You'll see a serial number with either 12 or 17 digits at the end of this text. [page includes graphic representation of the writing]​
I can check once I get home. the cable looked no different from the one that came with my iP6 and my wife's iP5s

xsquid

macrumors regular
May 27, 2015
thank you kindly. my family and I were no more than 20miles south when the floods hit, ironically at another spot by a different river. scary night, those people missing are from my city. sad situation all around.

Yep, sad situation. I grew up okie, se ok, been away 40 some odd years. My family (mother and brother, his family) live north of okc.

moldy lunchbox

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Pretty sure this is a Chinese knockoff. You're not gonna find the authentic Apple charger for $4. Maybe $10-15 I've seen. If you don't care then buy a bunch of these, I mean I have before. But that's also how I know they don't charge my devices as consistently as the real authentic Apple Charger. Sometimes it only gets a 1 or 2% charge after like 15 minutes. After dealing with a bad batch, the only thing I wanted more was the real cord and charger haha.

soya

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2010
Nope, it's legit. I bought 3 of these the other day. There is the Assembled in China 7 inch from USB connector :p They also work great so far

Attachments

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
If legit good deal. Think I may get a few. Can never have too many.

soya

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2010
I was skeptical at first but for 3.99$ it was worth a try :rolleyes:They don't come with the box they are just inside a clear bag. Also, I have checked all my 3 cables and they all have different serial numbers so it seems that they did not try to make multiple cables with similar serial.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
Texas
no issues charging with mine and it looks like the seller sold out. I usually get these deals by 9to5 deals or eBay on Twitter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.