$3.99 OEM lightning to USB

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by yanki01, May 30, 2015.

1. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

2. xsquid macrumors regular

xsquid

3. iConnected macrumors 6502a

iConnected

You say you've bought some and "they're legit".

To confirm - for those of a cautious nature - can you please confirm whether they meet the authenticity criteria specified here?

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204566

An Apple Lightning to USB cable has "Designed by Apple in California" and either "Assembled in China," "Assembed in Vietnam," or "Indústria Brasileira" on the cable about seven inches from the USB connector. You'll see a serial number with either 12 or 17 digits at the end of this text. [page includes graphic representation of the writing]​

4. yanki01 thread starter macrumors 68040

yanki01

thank you kindly. my family and I were no more than 20miles south when the floods hit, ironically at another spot by a different river. scary night, those people missing are from my city. sad situation all around.

----------

I can check once I get home. the cable looked no different from the one that came with my iP6 and my wife's iP5s

5. xsquid macrumors regular

xsquid

Yep, sad situation. I grew up okie, se ok, been away 40 some odd years. My family (mother and brother, his family) live north of okc.

6. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

Pretty sure this is a Chinese knockoff. You're not gonna find the authentic Apple charger for $4. Maybe $10-15 I've seen. If you don't care then buy a bunch of these, I mean I have before. But that's also how I know they don't charge my devices as consistently as the real authentic Apple Charger. Sometimes it only gets a 1 or 2% charge after like 15 minutes. After dealing with a bad batch, the only thing I wanted more was the real cord and charger haha.

7. soya macrumors 6502

soya

Nope, it's legit. I bought 3 of these the other day. There is the Assembled in China 7 inch from USB connector :p They also work great so far

Attached Files:

8. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

If legit good deal. Think I may get a few. Can never have too many.

9. soya macrumors 6502

soya

I was skeptical at first but for 3.99$ it was worth a try :rolleyes:They don't come with the box they are just inside a clear bag. Also, I have checked all my 3 cables and they all have different serial numbers so it seems that they did not try to make multiple cables with similar serial.

10. yanki01 thread starter macrumors 68040

yanki01

no issues charging with mine and it looks like the seller sold out. I usually get these deals by 9to5 deals or eBay on Twitter.