3 apple watches 2 one iphone

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by hemolyzer, Apr 15, 2015.

1. hemolyzer macrumors member

Hello,

i am wondering if it is possible to link 3 iwatches to one iphone. the reason being i am going to wear a stainless and a sport on my left wrist and then a second sport on the right. do not ask why because you will see youtube videos in a few months.

thanks,

Jared

2. ant69 macrumors regular

ant69

nobody knows for sure, but probably not.

Ant

3. WeemanWise macrumors 6502

WeemanWise

No. One Apple Watch per iPhone. So if you want to wear three Apple Watches you need to have three iPhones

4. JohnApples macrumors 65816

As far as I can tell, you can only have one Apple Watch paired to a phone at a time. I think I recall a reviewer stating that if you try to pair another watch, it will erase the first one, although I'm trying to find confirmation for this.

5. Qrispy macrumors regular

Qrispy

I'm legitimately curious as to why there hasn't been a single reply making fun of this person yet.

6. h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790

7. kovey macrumors 6502a

You're so confident of these videos going up in a few months, yet don't even know if it's possible (which currently it seems that it isn't)? Yea I'll be watching for your videos of you double fisting watches :rolleyes:

8. Bones1906 macrumors newbie

99.999% sure you can't do this without having three phones.

I hope the investment in 3 watches is worth it.

9. ronm99 macrumors 6502

Apparently Apple Watches are somewhat functional with WiFi ... I wonder if you could use the phone wifi hotspot to make the other two functional.

Unless you can't even set up the watch without pairing to a unique iPhone first.

10. zmunkz macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

apple's answer is no

Just signed onto apple livechat to find out, this is what they say... answer is no, 1 watch per phone:

[​IMG]

11. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

In 2018, I hope Apple releases the Apple Ring. If so, I'm going to wear 10 of them. One on each finger.

12. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

What if you wanted a sport and a regular? The sport for working out and the regular for everyday use. Would you lose data when you switch the pair from one to the other and then back?

Seems like an odd behavior for iOS.

13. JohnApples macrumors 65816

According to CNET, if you unpair your Watch, it erases the data. However, it also stores a backup on your phone so that when you re-pair it, the Watch will go back to how it was before. Can you backup, say, your Sport Watch and then pair your regular Apple Watch and put the Sport's backup on it? Not sure, but I would think you should be able to right?

http://www.cnet.com/news/11-surprises-i-learned-about-the-apple-watch/

14. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

I think apple sees you getting a regular apple watch and then switching the band back and forth for working out and everyday use... rather than switching out the whole watch.

15. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

I kinda see why the watch gets wiped if you unpair it … for security reasons. I wonder if you do swap between 2 different Apple watches, if they can use the same backup, so the two watches look the same with the same data and settings.

As for having two watches vs swapping bands, some might not want to exercise or run with the stainless of gold watches.

16. 1000 macrumors member

I was wondering about the same thing this morning. Not because I'm a lunatic that would wear two of them, but I was wondering whether you could pick up a very basic sport model that stays mounted in the car on the wheel or similar for safer notifications when driving. No intention of actual doing it though.

17. playaproved macrumors 6502

I was somewhat curious about this too, because when gen 2 releases I'll pick up a Stainless Steel model but wouldn't want to get rid of my Space Grey watch. Just like any other watch, people may want to have more than one.

18. Cubeeless macrumors regular

Cubeeless

Definitely a major shortcoming. Apple should fix that with a software update.

19. Dingo Dave 69 macrumors regular

A guy who works in a local restaurant wears one smart watch and one analogue watch. He does this in case the battery dies on the smart watch.

Words fail me

----------

I am guessing apples response to this would be to buy different straps for different uses. Not ideal for the situation you illustrate but can imagine it getting messy having lots of smart watches which are trying to sync with your phone.

20. danielceleste macrumors regular

Legitimately curious as to what the hell you have planned. Please do share when you're ready!

21. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

You may have to wait a while for a response, Time-Out. :eek: :D

22. DavidLynch macrumors 6502a

This is completely ridiculous. Your balance would be totally off. Wear the two sports on one wrist and the SS on the other.