3 Changes to make the 27" insane

Discussion in 'iMac' started by juliancs, Dec 27, 2009.

1. thiagos macrumors 6502

thiagos

Yeah that would be nice but I think they have to make the Mac Pro appealing as well. The iMac is still a consumer computer and MOST consumers don't really care about that.
    You can have your iMac hooked to your 42" TV, all you need is: 1. MiniDisplay Port to DVI adapter and a HDMI to DVI cable... Voila!

2. psingh01 macrumors 65816

Should have had hdmi input from the start. My Dell monitor has it, no reason for iMac not to other that apple being apple.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

One change to make the 27" insane ...

Ship more units without issues than not. How about that for start? :rolleyes:

And Apple seems have taken a stand against HDMI ports for some random reason. My guess, downloadable HD content from iTunes and screw all of us if we want to use our computer's display any other way.

4. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

Apple will never have HDMI on the iMac. They would rather have an open standard (MDP is an open standard) than a proprietary standard that they have to license.

There will in the fullness of time be an adaptor supplied by third parties to allow HDMI content in at 1080p.

eSATA would be a huge plus, I do agree there!

I don't find the video card weak in the 27" iMac. It is more than adequate for most applications. It is unsuitable for heavy gaming, however that is not what the iMac is designed for.

EDIT: and Jessica is spot on, QA should be Apple's #1 priority..

5. Ludaru macrumors member

There's a difference between 'allround' and 'heavy gaming'. I believe the iMac could eat the competitiors by being (even) more ... 'consumer'. It's almost as if Apple is afraid of hitting the jackpot. Why not have a slim/fat iMac?

6. ABG macrumors 6502

+1