3 computers running 2 OS's, it's too much, time to backtrack...

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by entatlrg, Jan 12, 2010.

1. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

For starters, I have a 15" MacBook Pro with 256 ssd, split running OSX and Windows7.

I've been using the Windows side as a crutch so I wouldn't have to learn new software or change from what I've known for years ... to the point where my original plan was to use Windows 90% of the time and go over to Mac 10% of the time, for fun, surfing/emailing and to learn gradually.

Instead I've decided to jump the Windows ship, I don't like how the fonts are displayed on the screen, it's far too hard to store some files in Windows and others in Mac .... three computers running two operating systems = confusion.

I'd appreciate any advice on how to uninstall Windows via Bootcamp and then reinstall using VM Fusion.

Then my plan is to work in OSX 90% of the time, I'll use Windows only for Microsoft Publisher and I'll still store ALL files on the Mac Side.

Anyone else been in the same dilemma?

Suggestions/input appreciated.

2. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

if you want to keep your data, i think it's possible to use the Bootcamp partition as the HDD that VMFusion will use as the HDD for the VM.

If not, I'm 99% that Parallels lets you do it.

3. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

To delete boot camp, you just go back into OSX, open up the Boot Camp Assistant and delete the partition.

I've been in somewhat the same situation as you. For me, I stored all my files on DropBox, which is native to both OSX and Windows. All my academic files are on there and I can access them regardless of which OS i'm on.