3 day old mbp... BRICKED

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by weblogik, Dec 1, 2007.

1. weblogik macrumors regular

started crashing, with a prompt to restart, now it won't start, black screen, no sign of hd working. Any thoughts? First mac in 7 years, I'm pissed.

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Call Apple, naturally, and get the process started.

3. weblogik thread starter macrumors regular

U say it as if it s perfectly normal for a laptop to die on its first day of normal use. Doesn't sound acceptable at all to me.

4. TheStu macrumors 65816

No, he is saying it as if it is not normal. However, seeing as how talking about it with fellow forum members as opposed to the manufacturer is not how you get the problem taken care of.

The very fact that it does not seem acceptable should have been your first clue that you should call the company and complain (as politely as you possibly can) about the situation. Calmly and politely inquire as to what the process is to get this situation resolved, and what they might be able to do to expedite it.

5. DaLurker macrumors 6502

With mass produced electronics, I'm not surprised that laptops die within a few days of normal use. Call Apple and they'll replace it :) Sorry I know it sucks, but that's the case with mass produced electronics.

6. aquajet macrumors 68020

It's called infant mortality, and it happens from time to time. The sooner you call, the sooner it will be addressed.

7. cohibadad macrumors 6502a

cohibadad

hardware malfunctions happen. hard drives are more likely to die early than later AFAIK. I recently bought a 4 disk raid 0 and was stupid enough to put my only copy of iTunes library on. One of the drives died within a couple weeks of purchase. happens. call the manufacturer and get it fixed.

8. hayduke macrumors 65816

hayduke

Just think about how pissed you'd be if it bricked and only ran Vista. Total suckfest.

Sorry that it crapped out on you, but Apple will take care of you.

9. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

relax, you just got unlucky and got a lemon. everything that is mass produced always has a few lemons.

just call apple/go to an apple store and they'll replace it no problem.

10. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

It's an electronic..stuff happens. Call Apple...

11. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

Perspective time:

Wouldn't you have been more pissed if the laptop died after 4 months and destroying your valuable data and sending the laptop in for repair rather than getting a new one?

I doubt you could have accumulated much valuable data in 3 days.

So sorry about your loss, call Apple and get it overwith.