3 days after launch: How to get a 6+ now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by giggasaurus, Sep 21, 2014.

1. giggasaurus macrumors newbie

I was unable to pre-order the 6+ (64g Sprint) on the 12th (from apple and sprint) and was unsuccessful in my weekend endeavors in finding one in person. I did however, pre-order at Target but now I am seeing that I was not the only one not to get the 6+ and do not know when Target will get them. I am also now on two different Radioshack's "to call when the model you want" list.

Basically, what is the best way to get 6+ in my hands as soon as possible. No lists, no pre-maybeing from retailers.

I've been reading that Apple re-stocks every night (at midnight PST?). Being in the bay area allows me to be withing an hour driving distance to over 15 apple stores. I would love to reserve a 6+ and come in person to pick it up. Can someone please give me more details on this? Any other options I'm missing?
    Should I just pre-order on apple (expected to arrive OCt 21-28)? Is it possible to pre-order from apple and cancel if i get my phone somewhere else? Thanks for reading and your help!

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

You can reserve one after 12 AM and see if they have any available. Or you can walk into your closest apple store and check if they have any available.

You can also order it on apple.com since it won't ship until that time comes. If you find one available at a store, you can then cancel the order you did online. That is what I did when I went to the Apple store on launch. Once I found out they had a 6+ available at 2 PM, I made a reservation and walked out with a 6+ on launch.

3. AntnyMikal macrumors regular

AntnyMikal

I didn't even waste my time with the preorder stuff. I just went to an Apple Store and q'd up and waited in line for 1hr45min and got one release day in the afternoon at that. Apple Store should be getting multiple deliveries a day.

I on Sprint too. Also when I went in Apple Store they didn't have option for any of the new plans, it was buy outright, eligible for upgrade or nothing. Maybe Sprint updated the system for Apple since then, but I doubt it, some poor souls don't even have shipping info yet.