3 days Of 3G to go....

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TraceyS/FL, May 27, 2010.

1. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

And I'm sitting at 2.0gb used.

About 1 of that was my kids streaming netflix today at a convention I hadn't planned on them having to attend with me!

It's gunna be a longggggg week until Friday without it. Really, did I need the new pants I bought on sale with the budgeted unlimited 3G money?? (yes I did actually and was thankful that it wasn't a contract and I had to pay before "payday", and before I get the I can't afford it comments, just let your imagination run amuck when I say nasty divorce in progress -you probably can't even imagine the reality that is my life).

2. WishBone macrumors newbie

Well, I'm evidently a very light user on 3G.. I have 2 days left on the 250 Meg plan and have only used 83 Megs. I must admit that it gets used much more at home on wifi as I haven't been traveling much, but having the ability to switch plans every now and then when you know you'll be traveling is a nice option to have.

Also, don't know if it is of interest, but I have left the 3G setting on all the time since I purchased the plan so it's obviously pretty picky when it uses any 3G.

3. steel magnolia macrumors regular

Oh dear...I can SO imagine your reality! Don't have any suggestions about 3G remaining....just hope you can be near a wifi hotspot most of the time. By the way, didn't you get the unlimited or is there really a limit even with the unlimited?

Patty

4. nidserz macrumors 6502a

nidserz

I am confused...
    2.00GB used means you have the unlimited package... since the other option is 250MB correct?
    What is the problem? 3 days more of using it as much as you want no?

And as for the funds for next month, just wait until you can afford it?

5. gillybean macrumors 6502a

About 5 days left on mine and I've used around 230 MB of 3g. Not sure if I'll get the 250 MB plan or the unlimited for next month.

6. TraceyS/FL thread starter macrumors 68040

I was just stating what I had used so far... I had hoped to be able to use the 250 plan, guess that isnt going to work out! Lol!

And yes, it will happen on "payday" on Friday, but I have a few places I need it next week and obviously won't have it. Oh well, such is life currently!

The netflix yesterday was a huge saver for the kids on the convention floor. I couldn't do much with them other than stick them against the wall out of everyones way that was setting up. The battery lasted.... The 3G worked.... Life was grand!

I actually probably won't use too much more at this point. No little kids with us at the convention today, and so it should be off most of the day. Home the other days.....