3 days of Mac-less

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gngan, Jun 28, 2011.

1. gngan, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2011

gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

After 3 days of Mac- less with Window XP, I am officially hating Window. Why are there so many ****ing updates?!? Window makes everything more difficult than it should be. Clicking 10 millions of button in order to get to something.

I learned my way to use Mac 4 years ago by google-ing. I tried google-ing with the problem i am having with the hp netbook. It's so much harder to find any solution because there are so many models out there (different countries have different models).

I love Mac because "it just works"

I am waiting Back to school promotion to be announce in my country and buy a 13'' i5.

2. JTToft macrumors 68040

To be fair, a comparison of Windows XP (from 2001) and Mac OS X Snow Leopard* (from 2009) is not really fair.

Why did you give up your Mac, anyway?

* You didn't state which version you used, so I presume it was SL.

3. gngan thread starter macrumors 68000

gngan

I was using Leopard. Let's say i compare it with Vista. I am sure leopard is still way better. Window just sucks.

I am waiting to get the new MBP when the Back to School promotion is announced in my country.

4. sketdansu macrumors member

I like Apple, but this thread is just a fail attempt to troll and is very unnecessary

5. Icy1007 macrumors 6502a

Icy1007

I agree. I like Mac better, but Windows 7 is a good OS.

6. crispy12 macrumors member

I agree. I installed Win 7 on my MBP via bootcamp, and use it for all my gaming needs. If you don't want updates, you don't have to install them. Just turn off notifications. Never had a virus on my MBP in Win 7.

7. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

To be fair, when Windows XP came out Apple was still actively updating OS 9. Plus, you're trying to run Windows XP on a netbook. That's about the speed of a Pentium 4, it's hardly even capible of running iTunes anymore.

8. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Guys, this is a Mac forum, there's going to be people posting about how they can't stand Windows. It's not trolling. Trolling would be going over to a Windows forum and posting it. He's just venting. I'd do the same.

Basically, lay off him.

OP, I feel your pain, I've been through similar experiences. Hopefully you can get back up and running with a Mac soon.

jW

9. killjoys macrumors member

I concur, I use Win 7 via Bootcamp on my MBP and things go just fine.

10. gngan thread starter macrumors 68000

gngan

Apparently, the netbook i'm using is quite good in spec.

Intel Atom @ 1.66GHz, 3GB of ram, Nvidia ION.

It's just that Window made stuff more complicated than it should be. I need to navigate to lot more in order to get to something i want.

It's quite hard to find any solution with google because there are too many different PC out there. I can easily find solution when i was using Macbook.

I miss expose and space in OSX. It's so useful.

11. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I agree, but like others I don't get the point of your thread here. I am actually getting ready to get my first Mac in about 20 years and I can't wait! I am getting a Mac because of all the things you have mentioned, most importantly utmost works! I'm also getting it because I want to play with Garage Band and iPhoto and iMovie. While there are similar programs available for Windoze, they just aren't as cool.

Anyway, hope you get your Mac back fast! :apple:

12. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Trolling in front of people who like the same things you do is still trolling. He's offering biased,unfair opinions about something when he didn't offer a fair comparison. I get what you're saying but bashing someone because you're in the confines of your home doesn't make it better than bashing then in the streets.

13. Pentad macrumors 6502a

Pentad

Kind Sir, I could not agree with you more! Spaces is the greatest utility ever! I had used those 3D VirtualDesktop apps before and they were ok. I mean the wow factor was awesome but I never thought about how long it took to switch.

I can 'flick' my mouse to the upper right corner, see my 9 'spaces' and switch in 2-3 seconds. This is great when you are multitasking.

I could never go back and I miss it terribly when I'm on Windows. It's just so darn handy!

-P

14. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

He offered an opinion. Everyone has a bias, but his was not designed solely to incite angry reactions, nor was it based in untruths. I think perhaps you don't understand what trolling actually is.

jW

15. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Go ahead and say that to him. Yes, by definition trolling would be intentionally causing problems, frustration, whatever among people, however I tend to think going to a forum and posting "Windows sucks" for no reason accounts for trolling as well. Just because you agree with his beliefs doesn't mean that it isn't trolling.

If he said that in a Windows forum, he'd be called out for trolling.

JS

16. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Guys, grow up. The poor guy is stuck using a PC. I don't even use my mac anymore, I prefer Windows so much. But to each their own.

I find these truths to be self-evident...
    1. Even a 1.6ghz Atom CPU with intel Ion is gonna be dog slow
    2. Apple computers are more expensive. And until you show me where you can find a new $350 MacBook, I will assume I am in some form, correct.
    3. Spaces and Expose are amazing, and I do miss them
    ...But none of this makes anyone a troll.

If you wish to feed a troll, answer this;

I hate Apple because they won't add feature XXXXX to their computer. Convince me I should stay with Apple or I'll buy a PC for 1/2 the price!

17. gngan, Jul 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2011

gngan thread starter macrumors 68000

gngan

Take it easy guys. I am just frustrated with XP. The point of this thread is how i think Window sucks compare to OSX. I think OSX is better because of being easy to use, speed, expose, space...many more.

A lot of people says Mac are expensive but i never feel this way. I used to own two Sony laptops and they cost around the same at 15'' MBP. Two of them broke down in 2/3 years. So i bought a white MB which cost less and worked for 3 and a half year and it's still a lot faster than many PCs out there. Even if it's more expensive; i am willing to pay more just because of the reasons i mention above.

A lot of you said that it's not fair to compare xp with OSX 10.5. So what Window should i compare it to? Vista? I tried Vista when it first release but i don't see much difference comparing to XP. It still sucks.

Edit: I just experienced the blue screen of death. I was just web surfing. My late 2007 MB never freezes all these years. Is that a good indicator of why OSX is better? Or i'm making an unfair comparison? Please note that this netbook was bought last year while my MB was bought in Nov 2007. If you say it's unfair then it would be not fair to my MB.

18. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

The issue is not that you are using windows, it's more that you are using a combination of an old OS and bad hardware.

Windows 7 does alot of updates without out you being aware it also defrags your HDD once a week.

also I am sure you didn't pay as much for your netbook as you did for your mac therefore you get a lesser quality product.