3 different step totals: which is accurate?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by marlonapp, Mar 12, 2017.

1. marlonapp macrumors newbie

Here are my current step read outs by app:

Activity: 94
    Health: 127
    Pedometer++: 173

Do I have my settings messed up somewhere or is one known to be more/least accurate? It would be nice to have a better gauge of my steps activity, especially when gunning for 10000 steps. One day my read outs ranged from 9500-13000.

Thank you kindly in advance!

2. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

For me, the number of steps shown in Activity and Health are always equal.

Check your data sources for Steps. I have four sources listed, but only the watch and the iphone actually provide data. I lost my misfit a while back and I did have an app (Pedometer) that I deleted a long time ago.

In my set up, I have the watch set at the top of the list (highest priority) since I pretty much have it on all the time. iPhone is the second source.

I will say that the number of steps counted between the watch and the iphone often varies.

3. marlonapp thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! I use Pedometer++ because I can see the steps on my complications. Should I have it set to first priority?

4. Newtons Apple, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017

Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

None are correct. Just use the same data source everyday for comparison purposes.

These devices are all kinda stupid and only guess at best.

5. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

Get a click counter and count your steps, then check against the apps.

6. JackieInCo macrumors 601

You can have two identical watches or phones with you and neither of them will ever show the same amount of steps. They even warn you no to trust the accuracy of these devices and that the steps indicated are just to give you a general idea of how many steps you have taken. I often would have my 6S and 6S+ with me in the same coat pocket and they never agreed on step counts. They've differed by 1,000+ steps at times.