Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

truth1ness

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 8, 2011
I love the three finger drag on mac trackpads. Is there any way to do this on the Magic Mouse? ie Lay three fingers on the mouse and instantly drag just like on a trackpad?

I know there is the doubletap+pause-then drag (drag lock) but this is a lot slower and cumbersome than fingersdown-fingersup. I have BetterTouchTool but I don't see any option for three finger drag on Magic Mouse unless I'm missing it.

broadbean

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2007
How would that work on the Mouse? Sometimes I find even the Trackpad area too small for me to drag things around.

truth1ness

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 8, 2011
I guess I should have been clearer. Basically lay three fingers on the surface of the mouse and then move the mouse normally to drag. I don't know about you but I my ring finger is always on the side of the mouse, so you would simply move the ring finger to contact the top and then it would function like a drag. It would be even better than the trackpad 3 finger drag because you'd have all the room you normally have with the mouse to drag around.

truth1ness

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 8, 2011
Because dragging/etc without holding the mouse down is great if you have any kind of rsi. If it's such a useless idea then why did Apple bother making it a default for the trackpad (or touch clicking in general)? Both have the same touch hardware so I'd like to do the same action on both.

JTToft

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2010
Aarhus, Denmark

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-12 at 14.32.02.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-12 at 14.32.02.png
    136.8 KB · Views: 925

nottakis

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2018
Start/Stop Moving just moves the window, but it doesn't help for actions like dragging.
(So it's not exactly same with 3 Finger Drag with Magic Mouse. )

My recommendation is use Left-click and attach a custom action like this.
It's not exactly same but works better. (I use 2 finger tap, because it's easier for apple mouse)

(sorry for the inconvenience, the image is nasty…)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 12.35.16.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 12.35.16.png
    7.4 KB · Views: 335

youngjae

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2019
[doublepost=1560525106][/doublepost]
Start/Stop Moving just moves the window, but it doesn't help for actions like dragging.
(So it's not exactly same with 3 Finger Drag with Magic Mouse. )

My recommendation is use Left-click and attach a custom action like this.
It's not exactly same but works better. (I use 2 finger tap, because it's easier for apple mouse)

(sorry for the inconvenience, the image is nasty…)

you saved me. thanks!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.