3 finger gesture to go back/fwd in finder not working!!

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by maccuser, Dec 19, 2013.

1. maccuser macrumors member

have u guys find any solution to fix the 3 finger gesture for navigating back/fwd in finder?
    It stopped working w/ mavericks.. i was hoping 10.9.1 would solve the gesture issue

2. conrad92 macrumors newbie

Install "Better Touch Tool" ( http://www.boastr.net ) and configure all your desired gestures (system default, or your own preference!) and disable the ones in the preference pane.
    My experience with the ones in the pref. pane are highly mixed, whereas oddly Better Touch Tool is always working.

3. maccuser thread starter macrumors member

is this a bug or apple intentionally disabled it?

4. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

I submitted a bug report on this. It was closed as duplicate, which means someone else submitted a report as well. Good news is Apple didn't close it as intended functionality.....so I'm guessing it's a bug and will be fixed.

I too was hoping for it to be fixed in 10.9.1 but it wasn't.

-Kevin

5. w0lf macrumors 65816

w0lf

This is the way it's supposed to work. There is no more 3 finger swipe in Finder.

Install one of several 3rd party tools if you want it back...

6. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Mine is a two finger swipe with Magic Mouse. Worked fine in previous versions.

Can't recall exactly what it's supposed to be with the trackpad, but it did used to work with some combo.

Until Apple closes my request and updates with intended behavior I'll assume it's coming back.

-Kevin

7. archagon macrumors newbie

archagon

My guess: Apple wants to standardize the slidey back/forward transition as found in Safari and Xcode and simply hasn't gotten around to Finder yet.