3 finger gestures?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dberman05, Nov 18, 2008.

1. dberman05 macrumors newbie

I see that someone recently hacked an older Macbook Air to use the 4-finger gestures of the new Macbook/MBP/MBA's. I have an older Macbook Pro. Hasn't someone figured out how to use 3-finger gestures on them yet? All I really want to do is the 3-finger swiping for forward and back in Safari, etc.

Let me know if I have just missed it, but I can't find it anywhere!

Help a brother out.

2. AquaMethod macrumors member

If it's a MacBook Pro that's older than two revisions, it just doesn't have the hardware to do the gestures. You may be able to find something that could graft them on, but it likely won't use Apple's real driver for it.

3. dberman05 thread starter macrumors newbie

multiclutch

multiclutch has the potential of being awesome.. but I have no idea how to assign page back and page forward from safari/firefox to my gesture of Swipe Left and Swipe Right.

What would the key command be??

4. dberman05 thread starter macrumors newbie

NVM

I have the correct key gesture for it, but can't get it to work with firefox or safari.

Maybe it's because my MBP is Core Duo, not Core 2 Duo?

5. AquaMethod macrumors member

Right. You don't have a Multi-Touch trackpad; the hardware isn't even sending those signals, as far as I know.

6. pdxflint macrumors 68020

pdxflint

How about the SR versions? Mine was made in April 08. It recognizes two-finger scrolling/clicking. Is it hardware capable (with a software hack) of doing some of this new gesture stuff? I'm always curious about new shortcuts.

7. AquaMethod macrumors member

If it was made after March '08, then yes, it already has the three-finger gestures and you can use MultiClutch to assign more.

8. snaky69 macrumors 603

If you bought your MBP before february 2008, you're SOL.

9. steamed.hams macrumors 6502

steamed.hams

Look here