3 finger scroll to top or bottom not working in Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by djrobsd, Mar 13, 2010.

1. djrobsd macrumors 6502a

I have a UMBP and for some reason in Safari when I use 3 fingers to scroll down or up, it does not go to the top of the bottom of the page like it does in Firefox. The 3 finger "Swipe" to go forward and back works, but not the 3 finger scroll. ;) Is that a feature that Firefox built into their browser, or is there something wrong with my Safari? I find it ironic that a non-Apple product is making better use of the trackpad then Apple themselves. :)

2. firefoxsilver9 macrumors newbie

i'm having that same issue. I couldn't deal with firefox anymore so i switched to Safari and that is a feature that i miss.

3. djrobsd thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I miss it too. I ended up going with Chrome, which also does not support it. My main reason for Chrome is that every tab runs in its own independent space. With Safari and Firefox, there was an app I use at work which was causing my browser to hang and go really slow, and with Chrome I don't have that problem since the app is isolated to its own place.

Hopefully Safari and Chrome will incorporate the 3 finger swipe... Although I know this is not an official Apple gesture, just one made up by Firefox team. ;)