3 finger slide = dashboard - not working!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Nioxic, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Nioxic macrumors regular

Hey! i've got this MBA... from 2011 etc. (completely new) and until an hour ago I've been able to slide 3 fingers from left to right, in order to show my dashboard (widgets)...

However, i went into the touchpad settings just to see if there was some other features i didn't know of, and there was "3 fingers to drag".. which i then decided to try out.. (aka i activated that feature)

i didn't like it.

I went to take it off again. But now i cannot slide 3 fingers to get to the dashboard..

What have i done wrong?

Thanks for any help you can give me. i'm a complete nooblet so any solution(that works) will be payed back in... cookies and many thanks <3

i can't find any way to activate "dashboard shortcut" or anything like that..
    this is horrible! :p

----------

well now i don't feel like an idiot... just a mentally challenged retard who eats dirt.

Turns out when i activated that feature the "swipe between pages in fullscreen" (with 3 fingers) switches from 3 to 4 automatically... i didn't see that i could change those until just after i posted this thread. "yay" :D

Also i didn't consider the dashboard to be a fullscreen-anything.. apparently i learned something!

2. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

3. IngerMan macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

I would guess you have something conflicting the 3 finger movement. Look at them all again and make sure there is only one 3 finger setup.

4. milomilemila macrumors newbie

5. evilblob macrumors member

Under Trackpad in System Preferences, just set 'Swipe between fullscreen apps' to 3 fingers.

Attached Files: