3 finger swipe in Finder window with beta 5

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by Fatboy71, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Fatboy71 macrumors 65816

Fatboy71

Since I installed Mavericks, the three finger swipe (that went back, forward in a Finder window) has stopped working. Apple seem to have removed this feature in Mavericks.

I created a thread about the three finger swipe last year on the Apple forums. The other day someone commented on that thread saying that with beta 5 of Yosemite, the feature had been re-added. But their comment got removed shortly after as the admin said that its against the rules to discuss beta software etc.

I was wondering if any of you guys who have beta 5 could confirm if the three finger swipe in a Finder window is working again?

Thanks

2. pickaxe macrumors 6502a

Nope, it's gone. Sorry.

You can easily get it back with BetterTouchTool though, either globally or only in Finder.

3. Fatboy71 thread starter macrumors 65816

Fatboy71

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I've been using BetterTouchTool since the 3 finger swipe was removed. Was just curious to if it had been re-added in Yosemite with someone mentioning it had in beta 5. Thanks anyway :)

4. ProphetX macrumors 6502

Just tested it. Its back in with B5.

5. campyguy macrumors 68040

6. Fatboy71, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2014

Fatboy71 thread starter macrumors 65816

Fatboy71

Thanks both for confirming that its back :)

Once Yosemite is released, then it looks like I can get rid of BetterTouchTools. No point in using a third party app to give me this feature when the OS has the feature already included.