3 finger swipe?!

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by TRUCRACKER, Aug 14, 2011.

1. TRUCRACKER macrumors 6502

TRUCRACKER

It's no longer previous page in your browser?! This can't be, that's what I did every time to go back...

2. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

It is in "natural mode" by default, do it to the other side and it will work in Safari.
    You can disable the "natural" mode and be back as it was.

3. DarkestRitual macrumors member

DarkestRitual

System Preferences> Track pad

change it back to 3 finger. 2 finger swipe looks better in Safari as far as going back and forth, but it interferes with scrolling. You'd think Apple would have thought about that one and made the graphic work for 3 finger swipes, too, but what do I know? :)

4. handel30 macrumors member

Gestures

I set it for two finger swipe to go back and forth between pages within an app (such as safari) and three/four finger swipe to swipe between application windows. Very smooth. But I am having trouble with "right click." The two finger tapping sometimes gets confused with two finger scrolling. "Right" clicking in the lower left or right corner of the trackpad was also a nuisance. The pinching and spreading with three fingers and thumb is a bit awkward on the macbook's small trackpad. It's probably easier on a larger trackpad. However, I did get the hang of it eventually. Practice.