3-Finger Tap for Definition

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by saberahul, Dec 4, 2013.

1. saberahul macrumors 68040

I use the 3-finger tap to look up definitions a lot. It worked flawlessly on Lion and ML but now doesn't work at all in Mavericks. I have the setting enabled under Sys. Pref. but haven't had any luck with it.

Any suggestions?

2. 82asmdf203 macrumors member

Works fine for me using Safari...but not other browsers.

3. tigerintank macrumors regular

do you mean 2 finger tap? if i used 2 fingers i gets menu - top option is to lookup. select that and i get both dictionary and thesaurus

4. slrandall macrumors 6502

Works for me in Safari and PDFs, doesn't work in Firefox or non-Apple text editors. I don't remember how this compares to the ML behavior.

5. laurihoefs macrumors 6502a

laurihoefs

If you tap with three fingers instead of two, you'll get straight to the dictionary and thesaurus.

In Opera and Smultron (a lightweight text editor) it seems to be working, but like you said, not in Firefox.

6. tigerintank macrumors regular

yep confirmed working with 3 finger tap as described thanks

7. saberahul thread starter macrumors 68040

After a lot of searching I figured out the issue (if it helps anyone else). If you have Scroll Reverser.app installed, your 3 finger tap to look up will not work. What a pain…

Anyone know of any other app which will allow natural scrolling using trackpad and "old" scrolling using external mouse (not bluetooth)?