3 fingers

Discussion in 'macOS' started by backsidetailsli, Nov 13, 2007.

1. backsidetailsli macrumors 65816

backsidetailsli

hey! this may be off the wall but.. i was wondering if there was an application that would enable macbooks/macbook pros to use 3 fingers on the trackpad to say.. trigger spaces. that would be killer

2. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

No, the two finger scrolling is made possible by a PSoC chip, it's all hardware.

There was a program that would emulate the two finger scrolling, but it worked like garbage and I doubt they have even tried 3 fingers.

3. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

So why did apple only add the 2 finder scroll to powerbooks in leopard?
    or do the powerbooks have the PSoC chip in them, but apple just didnt take advantage of them until now?

4. backsidetailsli thread starter macrumors 65816

backsidetailsli

5. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

I love the two finger scrolling and right click. I wish the two finger right click would be a little more tolerant, the angle of my hand on the pad when I put the two fingers down is not always recognized (when fingers are not completely horizontal). It would be really cool like you say to place four fingers or so on the pad and trigger spaces or reveal all windows.

6. backsidetailsli thread starter macrumors 65816

backsidetailsli

i just thought with 3 fingers or so, it would be cool to notion to the right to trigger that space. kinda like 360 scroling through spaces