3 itouch test models out in the general public????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tttexxan, Sep 15, 2007.

1. tttexxan macrumors 6502a

I was at my local apple store today in Southlake Texas and heard some good Ipod Touch gossip. Apperently apple accidently shipped 3 itouch test models out to the general public. While I was at the counter and employee was showing his manager what he found. Im not sure if the unit was a return or what?? It was an Ipod Touch, but not like one I had seen before on the internet. The casing was the same but the apps running were as the employee stated "only found on test machines." Attempting to grab another quick peek I could see test apps running such as 2 arrows bobbing around the screen which I assume was the accelerometer (or whatever its called) and other small graphs in the shape of icons. The arrors on the screen were small also the size of one of the icons on current iphone. The person checking us out stated it was a HUDGE find and their store would get LARGE CUDOS.

As a side note it was much thinner than expected. It looked paper thin compared to the iphone.

2. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

What is an iTouch?
    are you talking about the iPod Touch?
    Because that is already selling in some places!

3. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I think what the OP is saying is that this ipod touch had more features on it, such as you would only see on test models...testing these features...

4. tttexxan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry about that I will attempt to edit that...YEs the Ipod touch....I guess is they are selling in some places. The store was so busy at the time I didnt notice any demo ipods out. This one could have been returned...Apperenlty it was a test phone used by apple and was not suppose to ship out from what they were saying. You would have thought it was gold though

5. kusanagi macrumors regular

6. tttexxan thread starter macrumors 6502a

7. lush macrumors newbie

Ummmm. If you make your way over to the Southlake Best Buy (where I work), we already got a UPS drop shipment of the iPod Touches tonight. We are one of the first of a few stores to get them in.

Evidently, they are shipping earlier than suspected...

http://playlistmag.com/news/2007/09/13/touch/index.php

http://www.tuaw.com/2007/09/13/ipod-touch-spotted-in-somestores

http://technology.beloblog.com/archives/2007/09/new_ipod_touch_already_in_stor.html

Just thought I would give a heads up. I left the store earlier today - not sure, exactly, what we have left.

8. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

Interesting that it has a bluetooth icon on it! Hmmmm.

[​IMG]