3 Kernel Panics... Error leads to Chrome??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NZed, Jul 7, 2012.

1. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

So I have had 3 Kernel Panics in the past week.

Log

If i am reading this right, it leads to Google Chrome. Am i correct?
    I just experienced this instability in the past couple updates. It has never happened to me before and to me once, it was more stable than Safari. Not now. I use chrome because i have an Android and syncing between devices is just too easy. I hate to leave it but if i have to, i will.

2. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I've had a couple of KPs too, all with the Google Chrome He bit popping up. What MBP are you using? I'm on an early 2011 one.
    Not even sure it is Chrome, but I'm seeing the exact same error as you.

EDIT: Actually, can see from the log that yours is slightly older. 13" mid 2010?

3. NZed thread starter macrumors 65816

NZed

2010 13"

I did happen while Chrome was on.

4. AndersBrohus macrumors regular

Why even use Chrome ? You are on a Mac..

I think that the best browser for a Mac is Safari and thats what im gonna use when i get mine :)

5. Puevlo macrumors 6502a

Probably because she actually wants to browse the internet in a worthwhile manner. Safari is outdated and terrible.

6. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

So true :) I agree!

7. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I've seen this same problem pop up a few times in the last week or so with Chrome. I recommend that you FULLY DELETE Chrome using the steps in the link. It seems to have solved the problems for a few other users. Then reinstall Chrome and carry on!

8. AndersBrohus macrumors regular

Why is it terrible?

It just works... Yeah i use Chrome right now on my Windows PC but i would not use Chrome on my Mac.... Is it because you like the unibar or what is it? Tell us!

9. leman macrumors 604

Safari crashes for me all the time, on any Mac I've been using for the last few years, both under SL and Lion. There are some bugs in there which just don't get fixed. At least in my experience, Chrome is faster and more stable.

To original poster: run a memcheck. There are chances (albeit small ones) that your RAM is failing. If a user software produces a kernel panic, the error is always either in hardware or in the kernel. The kernel shouldn't crash just of the application misbehaves (in this case, it should just terminate the application, but not panic!).

10. darwinian macrumors 6502a

darwinian

I had a lovely kernel panic on one of the first days of rMBP ownership. It also pointed at Chrome, but I also suspect that Skype might have been involved. However I'd rather not test this if I don't have to, since I don't want to keep getting kernel panics. So for the first time in many years I'm now using Safari as my daily browser and waiting on Ff or Chrome.

11. Feed Me macrumors 6502a

Feed Me

It's a known issue with Chrome and has been going on for a week or so now.

Surprised there hasn't been an update yet.

12. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

It's definitely been longer than a week. My sisters 2010 13" MBP was having the same kernel panics due to Chrome months ago.

13. Feed Me macrumors 6502a

Feed Me

Eh well it was all over my twitter feed about a week ago, I don't use Chrome so I don't know.

14. NZed thread starter macrumors 65816

NZed

Didn't I just stated my reasons??? I have an android, so syncing is easy plus i had bad experiences with Safari(its getting better and better though).

She :eek: HE

I have had the same experience with you, so much I had to find an alternative. But this was well over a year ago. Safari's latest has been really stable but i still miss a lot from Chrom.

I'll try what you recommended after I try SandboxGeneral's advice.