3 MacBook Pro 17" laptop w/bad logic boards HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by searlest, Jun 6, 2019.

1. searlest macrumors newbie

Hello I have three 17" Macbook pros that have been diagnosed with bad logic boards

Is there any solution for fixing these lap tops please help I love my 17" laptops

Thanks in advance

2. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

Prep: 30 minutes - 1 hour
    Cooking time: 6-8 minutes

Method:

Preheat oven to 200C (380F). For the tastiest results (which won't involve a kitchen full of smoke), remove all components and heatsinks from the Logic Board. No additional seasoning required.

Cook the Logic Board for about a minute every quarter pound and leave to cool overnight.

Disclaimer: I'm not actually joking. If you search for "Reflow motherboard" there'll be a few guides. It's an extreme measure but it might work.

3. Webster's Mac macrumors regular

It's only a temporary fix...and that depends on the year. The 2011 MacBook Pros have bad radeon GPUs, and AMD never released a revised one, so you would end up replacing the GPU with another faulty one.

The 2010 has a capacitor issue and can be replaced with a better capacitor, which would stop the crashing.

4. buran-energia macrumors regular

I wouldn't put electronics in an oven where I cook food.

5. currahee2100 macrumors regular

That's why you use a friend's oven.

6. baypharm macrumors 68000

baypharm

Find a another used 17" in working order. They are out there.

7. searlest thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the input experts !! Think I will make a new boat anchor and get a 15"

8. currahee2100 macrumors regular

Psh, if you want a boat anchor, I have an alienware 15 r4. Weighs almost 8 pounds and needs a 17" laptop bag even though the screen size is 15.