3-Mifi UK

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dino26, May 10, 2010.

1. dino26 macrumors 6502

Anyone who uses the device i have some ?s

1-When you get the device does it come with a 3 sim already installed .

2-How do you topup the credit , is it the exact same way as you would on a PAYG mobile ?

3- If you buy it for a month does it last exactly 1 month from point of purchase or to the end of the month you purchased it on.

4-Also with the sd card slot what does it do for you if you have a ipad ...or a laptop :p

5-How long does the battery last , and how quick is it to charge it

thanks dino26

2. snapper07 macrumors 6502

snapper07

When you get it as a PAYG you pay £59.99 for modem then you get a 3gig sim for £20 which is £5 more than the top up sim costs BUT it last for 3 month before it expires where as the normal one last 1 month.

So in total it costs £69.99. Please check these prices as they might have changed I got mine on April 24th

The guy that sold it to me said it was the same as a mobile top up although i've not had to do it yet so not 100% on that

The first card you buy with it doesn't but subsequent cards only last a month.

I think it means you can save data to it and transfer it to different computers I don't know if this is the case with the iPad I doubt it.

I've not used it for long periods of time yet.

Hope that helps?

3. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

All I need to add to that is the battery lasts 5 hours. It drains pretty fast when leaving it off too.

I'm on a 30 day contract which as it says on the tin lasts for 30 days at a time.

Have a look on threes website. Explains most of this stuff for you.

4. snapper07 macrumors 6502

snapper07

This question has been posted on another thread and has been answered comprehensively So don't waste your time posting advice. (as I did!!)

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=9873297&postcount=5297

5. markab macrumors regular

I have the reoccurring 1 month contract that gives me 5 GB for £15, this was available when they launched the mifi not sure if you can still get this deal. The 1 month recurring maybe the best way to go if you can’t be bothered topping up all the time, you can cancel with a month notice.

The battery lasts for 5 hours constant use, over 6 months since new and the battery still seems to give the same performance, some days I have seen it run near 8 hours just ticking over in the background (fully on but just not using the connection all the time). You can get spare genuine batteries on fleabay for about £10.

Remember to search out the netvigator alternate firmware, it will give you web page admin access and allow you to configure so you only have to press one button from off to be fully connected rather than having to press many buttons with the 3 firmware.

I think the SD only works with a computer connected by usb to the mifi (as far as I know) pretty useless and wont work with the iPad anyway.

As long as you are in a good 3 signal area it is well worth the money.