Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

perry245

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
Hi,

Has any one got the iphone 4 with 3mobile just wanna know how there recpetion is and are they a good company to go with.

TheOriginalKi

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2011
Belfast
I've been with them for a couple of years on various phones and have had the iPhone 4 with them for a few months now.

I'm on the One Plan @ £35 a month for 2,000 any network minutes, 5,000 same network minutes, 5,000 text and unlimited internet which includes tethering - the iPhone only cost me £69. That's a real deal for what you get!

As far as reception goes I usually have reception in at least the same places if not more than my friends on other networks - there are going to be some areas that are black spots for each network so check the postcodes you spend most of your time at to see what the reception is like there (i.e at home, work etc). If you are really worried I'd suggest you get a Three PAYG sim and use this in your current phone for a few days to test out the reception.

The only downside is that in the UK only o2 offer Visual Voicemail but you can get around this by using the Hullomail app/service which is arguably better than carrier Visual Voicemail any way...

I wouldn't be on any other network to be honest.

If you have any other questions let me know.

LaunchpadBS

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2008
iLondon/iDurban
I switched last year from O2 because I was sick and tired of the lack of 3G, must say Three has been FAR better, 3G coverage is much better, only gripe I have is their customer service is offshore and they can't speak english all that well and mostly just read off scripts.

PaulyD

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2010
UK
Got a PAYG sim card from them yesterday but Orange buggered up my unlocking so waiting to test it :(

With Orange where I am i can go from 3g to GPRS by moving 20ft, the signal is so spotty its insane. Hoping 3 are a lot better in this regard and if so will go with them when the iPhone 5 comes out. If signal is still poor I can always try other PAYG sim cards to check 3g service with other companies before commiting to a contract

iStudentUK

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2009
London
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

My fiancée went to 3 at Christmas. I'm really jealous! They are cheaper than O2 (who I'm with) have better deals (tethering/personal hotspot included) and have better reception/speeds.

I thought it was because we live in London, but we visit people a lot and she usually has 3G when I'm stuck with Edge.

localboy28

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
Depends where you are
O2 are better in my area

Oh and you can't switch 3G off on three iphone4s
Your battery will take a hammering.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.