3 monitor screen saver?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by tha5150, Sep 22, 2009.

1. tha5150 macrumors member

remember the movie Swordfish where they walk in a room and those 6 monitors had that star or whatever going from screen to screen in order? looked frikin awesome. well, today i was able to get 3 monitors on my black macbook.

macbook as 1
    mini dvi to dvi for another
    usb to dvi as the third. the third is remote into my work pc so i can just drag window to window. its pretty sweet.

anyways, no matter what screen saver i have, it shows the same one on each screen and not one that flows to all of them. is there anything i can do to get this to work? i have no knowledge of screen savers or programs to make them. just looking for something cool to install.

also, i am running SL. thanks for any and all support i get.

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Only thing you can try is to make sure you're in extended desktop mode instead of mirror-mode.

If that doesn't work, sorry...not like Swordfish was very real-life accurate anyways (particularly "building" the virus...lol) ;)

3. tha5150 thread starter macrumors member

i am in extended mode for all 3 monitors. when the screen saver comes on, it starts at the same time but shows different patterns of the same screen saver. i am looking for just 1 big screen saver to touch all three screens.

for the wallpaper, i have to cut the image in 3 parts and set each accordingly.

4. shaunymac macrumors 6502

Any update on that? Would kinda be curious to know if it is possible. I have seen swordfish one to many times. That brought back memories.

5. tha5150 thread starter macrumors member

Welp, I got 3 monitors total at my desk. I found an old USB to VGA/DVI converter I bought for 25 bucks a few years ago. So I have my MacBook screen, a 24" and a 20". The 20" is my work windows PC. I connected my converter to that and remoted in locally and used that screen obviously. Noe I have my MacBook showing email. The 24" in the middle as main screen and I use the 20" on the left which is so sweet. There is just a little lag that gets on my nerves pretty bad.

The screen saver has yet to be found. This would only top it all off.