3 Monitors=Crashing

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by jijiji, Apr 1, 2009.

1. jijiji macrumors newbie

Have a brand new 2009 MacPro with 2 video cards and 3 monitors. The following two things (so far) do not work:

Aperture, when secondary viewer is enabled.
    Powerpoint, when I view a slideshow, which uses two screens by default.

Both work for a few seconds but then the application freezes, and in some cases I can not force-quit my way out and have to hard reboot.

Anyone out there with at least 3 monitors been have/have not had similar problems with two-screen full-screen applications?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

3. Macpropro80 macrumors 6502

I have a 2008 mac pro with 2 cards and it lags on screen savers, kind of like what your taking about but my problem involves screensavers. I found that 2x2600s fight with each other. (i used to get a problem where only one would turn on, reboot, and they would switch, the one that just worked wouldnt turn on but the other would.)

4. jijiji thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes

5. jijiji thread starter macrumors newbie

Let me also add that use a program that I wrote that uses a OpenGL shared graphics context among two windows (which share the same textures), and this program happily works no matter which two screens I put the windows on. However, this is not full-screen mode unlike Aperture and Powerpoint.