3 month old macbookpro 13 not charging

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by urban.spaceman, Jun 27, 2011.

1. urban.spaceman macrumors member

Hi - Bought a macbook pro 13 on holiday in New York (at the 5th Ave store), now back home in Leicester, UK. For the last few weeks I've been having a few problems with charging - it would go on and off depending on how the magsafe cable was sitting. As I write, I just inspected the cable and the magsafe connection literally came off - see photo

Photo on 2011-06-27 at 23.43 #2.jpg

I take it that means it's buggered?

What are my prospects of a repair/replacement? Does it matter I bought it in the US? Am I going to have to fork out for a new one? (Hardly seems fair for a 3 month old machine...)

Thanks for any advice/help

Ian

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You'll likely need to buy a new one, as damage due to wear is not covered by warranty. You can ask at an Apple store and see what they'll do, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

3. RafaT97 macrumors newbie

As said before, it's not likely to be replaced by the warranty but you don't lose anything trying. But most likely you will need to buy a new one.

4. Radex macrumors member

5. sdneidich, Jun 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2011

sdneidich macrumors member

Never hurts to talk to a Genius at your apple store though. They like keeping their customers happy, so they may replace it for you.

Alternatively, put the connector back on it and bring it in. Maybe put some glue on it, and play dumb when the genius asks about it.