3 months away from an iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cforand1293, Jul 7, 2008.

1. cforand1293 macrumors regular

So I am not up for upgrade until 10/13/08. I want the new iphone, but dont want to pay $399 for it. Has anyone run across this issue? Any insight of what I may try and do?

Thanks

2. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

You _might_ be able to trade it or sell it on those websites that find people to trade contracts with.

From what I understand, its eBay for old cell contracts people want to get out of.

3. TimothyB macrumors 6502a

You have to buy it for $399, not exceptions when it comes to the iPhone. And even at $399, your legibility will start over. So you won't be eligible in October anymore, and if you want the next iPhone in a year, you'd have to pay $399 again or wait out your near full 2 years again.

Best thing to do is maybe buy a used iPhone on Craigslist for $200-$250, activate before the 11th, turning your account eligible for the $199 iPhone. So you end up with 2 iPhones for $450, instead of just one at $399. Then you can always resell the extra one.

OR less trouble, borrow a friends iPhone to activate it on your account to get instant eligibility.

4. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Uhm, I might be wrong so don't get your hopes up too much, but check in with AT&T cause I am pretty sure they are fairly leniant if you are that close to being up with the contract. You might be eligible for an early upgrade, if you have been a good customer to them.

5. D3lta macrumors 6502a

Incorrect. Just like current iPhone owners, any first-gen iPhone owner bought before July 11th is eligible for the upgrade prices. The third-gen iPhone should be the same.

6. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Let's survive this generation...And if he agrees, then you should be fine.