3 months later, how is your screen protector?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by gnychis, Sep 6, 2010.

1. gnychis macrumors 6502

I am looking to replace my BestSkinEver screen protector with something less grainy and will hold up better over time. After 3 months now, the protector is very scratched, retains oil, and never managed to get out little specks of air from underneath it. On top of that, the material just leaves a grainy look.

So, how have your screen protectors held up? I have been thinking about an oleophobic, but I've started reading that over time they are no better about oil than anything else.

2. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

I had my InvisibleShield on the front and back of my iPhone for about two months. Then the back shield began to bubble a little on the top edge, and the front had some tiny specks of dust on the screen. The screen would also have some weird rainbow effect when I would look at it closely.

So I decided to remove it about a month ago. I'll risk some scratches, but the screen looks gorgeous! I came from an iPhone 3G, and I had applied the screen protector on the iPhone 4 as soon as I got it, so I didn't really experience the oleophobic coating of it, but now I can and it's pretty great actually. I love this device.