3 months old macbook pro dead!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by md301, Nov 30, 2011.

1. md301 macrumors member

after using my 2011 2.2 mbp 15 flawlessly for 3 months. it just died while i was using it. i havr upgraded kingston memory and corsair ssd myself. i will try to get replacement today. i am assuming that it was the incompatibiity of the ssd or the memory. but why now? ive been using this flawlessly?

2. miker2209 macrumors regular

miker2209

3. 42streetsdown macrumors 6502a

42streetsdown

What do you want us to do about it? We can't run diagnostics from here. Maybe if you gave up more information then we might be able to help, but since it's new and you (hopefully) haven't voided your warranty, you should just take it into the Apple store.

4. HellDiverUK macrumors 6502

Did you put it in your bag before it shut down while leaving your homeless shelter by any chance? :confused:

5. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

no big deal 3 month old MBP still have 9 months of waranty

if you were hoping for us to give feedback on troubleshooting to see if you can fix without bringint it in you need a bit more info than what you postedd

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

What is that supposed to mean?

7. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Verb:
    (of a person, animal, or plant) Stop living.

8. HellDiverUK macrumors 6502

9. md301 thread starter macrumors member

hi

my macbook pro died while i was using it. it was running then when i plugged my ipad usb in the usb port, bam! it died instantly. never turn on again, tried hitting power button no hd noise, just dead. i even pressed the battery indicator on the side but no life shows up. i just got back from genius bar now and they said will take 3-5 days to diagnose it. they will only cover the
    damages of non accidental ones. i am surprised they didnt replace it on the spot. i am hoping my ssd isnt dead as i spent a little fortune on it. i feel naked without my mpb its terrible that i have to wait.

10. thundersteele macrumors 68030

You should have taken out the RAM and SSD before bringing it in. If they decide to replace it, they will not install your parts in the new machine.

11. md301 thread starter macrumors member

yes thats what i did. hopefully this wont void the warranty. ill keep it posted when i hear from them.

12. sevoneone macrumors 6502

The Hard Drive and RAM are considered User Upgradable, it will have not voided your warranty, though you did the right thing putting the original parts back in.

I'm sure they will find the cause of the problem and have your MBP back to you before you know it.

13. md301 thread starter macrumors member

hi

i am happy to say they repaired my mbp. i got it today. they replaced magsafe, board with cable. the cost was $10.23 for parts and $40 labor. but i didnt have to pay for this cus of the warranty. they said it was only mulfunction. i am back playing battlefield 3 again...

14. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

Good for you. Looking back, there really was no need to start this thread now, was there?

15. thundersteele macrumors 68030

There is really no need for your comment. Why don't you start your own forums where only questions are allowed that are of immediate importance for the general public?

16. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

Well...because there is no need for me to do that. I'm perfectly happy reminding people here to post useful threads. Nothing wrong with that, and it doesn't mean I need to start my own forum either.

17. md301 thread starter macrumors member

no need for you to comment as well.. keep it to urself.. move on... im happy with my mbp...

18. thundersteele macrumors 68030

Ok, whatever. We all need hobbies ;)

19. smali macrumors regular

Don't mind me just posting a pointless comment in a pointless thread.

20. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

Agreed. :)

21. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Pretty elementary stuff there, Razr.