3 problems in 1 Post! WOHO!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hishat, Feb 19, 2009.

1. hishat macrumors regular

hishat

Hi guys, hope everyone is doing well and looking after themselves.

Ok lets get to the point, i have 3 issues and will state them clearly so that you people can read it and hopefully shine some guidance for me.

1) I partitioned my HD so that i could install Windows Vista, everything went smoothly until i installed the drivers from the mac boot discs, now once vista boots i get the blue screen of death, which also tells me something about my display??

2) which type of operating system should i install on a Early 2009 Unibody Macbook Pro 2.4ghz.

3) After deleting my windows vista partition in order to recreate a windows xp one, i get an error saying that bootcamp can not partition my HD, any way around this??

Many Many Thanks in advance guys!

2. be300test macrumors member

send it to apple...you need a new logicboard....

joking...you need to do a time machine backup and reformat the drive, restore from time machine. this will allow you to re-do your layout with bootcamp assistant.

Windows vista should install without problem, you might have done somthing to corrupt the windows partiiton by mistake.

i would start from fresh.

josh

3. hishat thread starter macrumors regular

hishat

this is what the error looks like

Attached Files:

4. Markov macrumors 6502

Markov

Try repairing the disk permissions via disk utility, and try again. I had this same issue and a disk permission repair fixed the issue.

5. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Try what ^^^ said, then if that doesn't work ... You'll have to back up the drive using time machine, erase and install OS X again from the backup.

6. wesrk macrumors 6502a

do as Markov stated, I had the same problem a few weeks ago after deleting my entire XP partition months earlier. After the disk permission, it went without a problem.

7. hishat thread starter macrumors regular

hishat

no luck there! looks like i have to restore mac osx ! loooooong :(

8. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

I think I remember defraging to fix that problem long ago.

9. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

10. hishat thread starter macrumors regular

hishat

guys if i completely delete the mac osx and install windows xp, is it possible to later on install osx again? or will der b loads of probelms?

11. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

3 ways to fix this BootCamp issue:

1) Backup your files and restore it (either by reinstallation and manual restore or use Time Machine and restore the whole drive)
    2) Defragment the drive and use the compact method (basically clumps everything together to the front)—this method is very bad since it disrupt the metadata and disrespect the file system optimizations. Computer will be a bit slower.
    3) Delete a lot of file and hope for the best (may not always work).

12. hishat thread starter macrumors regular

hishat

im thinking about temporarily wiping out mac osx completely....can i not then reinstall it after?

thanks for the response guys