3 quick questions

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by SR 7, Sep 25, 2017.

1. SR 7 macrumors 6502

1) where can i check to see what my battery levels are?
    2) when i get a text it doesn't not notify me.
    3) where is the wifi connection?

actually 4 questions, my iphone now shows the arrow, which I believe is the location services arrow, why is that appearing now?

2. BrettDS macrumors 65816

Swipe up from the bottom... you can see the battery level on the control panel. You can also add the battery level as a complication to a watch face, but that’s probably not necessary as you should have no problem making it through the day on a charge

Isn’t that the way it’s supposed to work? But if you meant that it doesn’t notify you then make sure your phone is off first. If your phone is on and unlocked then notifications go to the phone and not the watch.

You can’t really do much with the WiFi connection from the watch. If the phone is close it will connect to the phone through Bluetooth. If it can’t find the phone through Bluetooth then it will join a known WiFi network (one you have connected to before on your phone) but you can’t choose or connect to new WiFi networks from the watch

Should be unrelated to the watch unless you are using watch apps or complications that require location. It will get that from the phone.

3. SR 7 thread starter macrumors 6502

By the phone being off do you mean on sleep in the lock screen and not in use? or literally completely off?

is there a way to know if the watch is connected to a wifi source?

4. testcard macrumors 68040

testcard

Asleep, not powered off completely.
    Swipe up the watch face to reveal Control Panel. If connected to iPhone by Bluetooth you’ll see a green phone symbol top left. If connected to WiFi the symbol becomes a green, three segment WiFi symbol, similar to the one on iPhone. If connected to neither, the green phone symbol turns red.

5. danmart macrumors 6502a

danmart

I assume you meant Watch, not iphone? I’ve wondered this, too. Especially as I have an S0 Watch so it doesn’t have GPS?

6. SR 7 thread starter macrumors 6502

No, i meant my phone regarding the arrow, not the watch.

even when my phone is on sleep my watch does not alert me of a text.

7. BrettDS macrumors 65816

Do you get any alerts on your watch? Is it just text messages that aren’t alerting or everything?

8. wesselya macrumors member

To answer the arrow question go to your phone and under setting and privacy you should have location services. See which app is it always on or while in app. If there is something there that you don't like turn it off.

About the notifications you need to go to watch setting this is a mirror iPhone mode. If it's off you won't get notification but yes you phone needs to be locked. If it is unlocked and in athe message app you won't get a notification ;)