3 Requests From Mac Rumors Head Moderator...

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Inframan, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Inframan macrumors 6502

Inframan

Im not sure where this would go in the forum so once discovered please move it to the appropriate spot.

Request 1 - Can you please allow members to upload Avatars immediately. Right now its set that you have to have 500 posts to be eligible for an Avatar, I'm sure the people who enjoy this forum and truly want to be a part of it will upload a Avatars and be part of it and those who don't will not. It sucks scrolling through and trying to find our posts when all the screen names look the same.

Request 2 - Please turn on the autocomplete form for the site, currently its disabled and i can't save my password in keychain. It does however work with 3rd party password saving software I.E Roboform - 1 Password etc which I'm trying to get away form.

Request 3- Can we get some more updated Emojis? The 12 have been great for the last couple years, would love some more build in!

2. CoilTap macrumors regular

Definitely agree with request 1. Even if the end result is just a lower post count if not "immediately."

3. Hal~9000, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014

Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

You can save your forum password in iCloud Keychain by using your iPhone and the mobile version of the forum. It will ask you if you want to save password I your keychain when you log in (say yes) and then whenever you are on the full site it will be available.

4. Inframan, Sep 27, 2014

Inframan thread starter macrumors 6502

Inframan

Just tried, didn't work. (EDIT) - BTW - Best Screen Name Ever, Kudos!)

5. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Thank you for the compliment :)

Are you sure you were on the mobile version of the website? It just worked for me (see attached screenshot below).

Attached Files:

6. Inframan, Sep 27, 2014

Inframan thread starter macrumors 6502

Inframan

Just wont work for me, strange. I cleared my Cookies several times, checked and unchecked "Remember Me" Etc. Very interesting.....thanks anyway for trying to help!

7. OneAnswer macrumors member

As to request 2, why don't you use the REMEMBER ME checkbox under the login fields?
    If it is your computer, you are probably the only one having access to it, and if not, there is always the guest account option on a Mac.

As to request 3, the emojis have just been updated a couple of weeks ago.

As to request 1, according to forum history and many threads regarding the avatar issue, this is currently non-negotiable.

Hey, at least you requested it to be done instead of asking for a discussion.

And as to your confusion where to put this thread, you have been here over a year and still haven't found the Site & Forum Feedback section? Amazing.

8. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

Trick is on the checkbox item, you need to check the box BEFORE you type in your username/password, or else it unchecks itself.

9. OneAnswer macrumors member

Not for me, but I have only done it once when I registered here. I use Safari btw.

10. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Go to the login page and type in your username and password but do not login yet. Now hit command-r to refresh the page and you will get a prompt to save the info in Keychain.

11. Inframan thread starter macrumors 6502

Inframan

Dude! You're a Genius !!! That worked !!! Thank You :D

12. millerj123 macrumors 6502a

13. Inframan thread starter macrumors 6502

Inframan

It would be nice if they did!