Resolved 3 short questions!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chrismarle, Jan 23, 2012.

1. chrismarle, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2012

chrismarle macrumors 6502

Hi guys,

I am currently waiting the next refresh of the iMac line to finally get my first Mac computer. I've been waiting for this moment for a few years and it's finally happening soon!

But, I have 3 questions for you guys, if you have 2 minutes to help me with these.

First, if you have an app that has an update in the Mac App Store, will it download the full app or only the code that changed (Delta update)?

Next, if you are downloading an app from the Mac App Store, is it possible to pause the download and resume it later?

Finally, should I get the Magic Trackpad or the Magic Mouse? What do you guys prefer and why?

Thanks guys for your help!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That depends on the app and the way the developer elects to provide updates.

Yes.

I use neither. I prefer my Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX™
    [​IMG]

3. jj48 macrumors regular

Yes you can pause a download, and I have both trackpad and mouse. Trackpad is best for general usage (internet surfing etc.), while I find that I need a mouse for spreadsheet work.

4. ObuckiO macrumors regular

I like the Magic mouse because i'm so used to it. I might like a Magic trackpad on a iMac, but not a MacBook. They're both pretty cool.:apple:

5. thasan macrumors 6502a

not sure about others but to me, i recently switched to mac. and found magicmouse is a very very badly designed product. i used it for 2 days and now its collecting dust.

6. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

And many, many people (myself included) disagree with you.

7. chrismarle thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks guys!

One last question: do you know when Apple will refresh the iMac?

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Only Apple knows for sure. Anyone else is only guessing.

9. chrismarle thread starter macrumors 6502

10. FrankHahn macrumors 6502a

A GUESS:

The iMac line will be refreshed probably in May plus minus one month.

11. NameUndecided macrumors 6502a

12. chrismarle thread starter macrumors 6502

13. george-brooks macrumors 6502a

george-brooks

1. to be honest, i'm not sure. Like someone else said, I think it depends on the app.

2. Yes, you can pause and resume app store downloads.

3. I own both the magic mouse AND magic trackpad. While I really like both product a LOT, if I had to choose one I would take the trackpad because of how much simpler the user experience is with more multi-touch gestures. However, if you prefer a more typical mouse, the magic mouse is really a good choice. It has a much different feel than any other mouse, but once you get used to it its tough to go back!!

----------

Indeed!! When the magic mouse was first released it took me a few days to get used to the feel and design of it. From pictures and my first hands on experience with it I hated it. Now, like I said above, I'll never go back!

14. waw74 macrumors 68030

15. chrismarle thread starter macrumors 6502

If the guide is right, there is a chance that Apple refresh the iMac with 2 weeks, right?

16. thasan macrumors 6502a

yes, it was my personal opinion. i just couldnt make it work to my liking, probably because i am used to mibble click and swiping isnt comfortable. i am sold to apple now but i honestly believe apples tracking with magicmouse or any other mouse isnt as accurate as windows. i wonder why. otherwise (and skype video problems), my mbp is like a dream!!!!