3 Tricky Problems: Leopard, MBook Pro causing speaker feedback B&W Display

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Benzi, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Benzi macrumors member

Benzi

Hey guys,

I have the new macbook pro and am currently running Leopard. 3 problems with hopefully easy solutions:
    1 - I plug my comp to my tv for video via dvi to hdmi. the sound is seperate as it can't go through the hdmi because the hdmi plugs into the tv. Is there a way to solve this, for example, DVI to double hdmi, one to receiver than 1 to tv? Anyway, Currently i'm plugging audio direct from the headphone jack into my receiver and am constantly getting feedback. It is definitely a connection problem and not the wire or receiver. Can anyone give me any advice?

2 - I have Leopard and a Lexmark. Apparantly there is no driver for leopard for this model of lexmark. What gives? do I need to purchase a new printer?

3 - I have switched my laptop to dvi to s-video while I am home from college... yes, it is a big change and I'm not that happy with it. Anyway, the pic turns out B&W on the comp screen and I've tried everything I can think of to fix it (and failed). Any suggestions?

Sorry for the laundry list guys. I am most concerned with ques 1. Any help I can get for any or all of these ques would be greatly appreciated.

thank you,

-mike

2. Benzi thread starter macrumors member

Benzi

correction for ques 3: there is color on the comp screen but not on the tv.

3. amnesiac1984 macrumors 6502a

Problem 1.

DVI - HDMI adapters do not support sound so you will need to use the sound from your headphone adapter. The good news is, you may or may not be aware that your macbook has a digital optical audio input and output.

Just get a mini-jack 3.5mm optical to normal size optical toslink cable and plug it into your headphone socket and the other end into our receiver. You'll get crystal clear audio quality.

Can't help with 2, sorry, have you tried downloading drivers from the lexmark website?

Problem 3

Change the refresh rate of the output, you'll need to switch to pal or ntsc so that means 50hz or 60hz depending on your TV.

4. Benzi thread starter macrumors member

Benzi

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Noise with audio: you mean buzzing or hum noise? That's not feedback that's a problem with electrical outlets call Ground Loop. You might need Ground Loop Isolator, although I never have problem with any mac with Ground Loop.

Optical audio out will solve it.

Lexmark is cheap to purchase the printer itself, but per page cost is much more than other printers due to ink. Yes you should get a different printer.

Not sure about third problem with S-Video. might just be some TV with wrong signal timing that the laptop screen can't handle.

6. Benzi thread starter macrumors member

Benzi

thank you consultant. I just purchased an opt audio chord... hopefully it will work.

It sucks about having to buy a new comp. I feel like lexmark is in the wrong for not having this particular drier for months now. bad form..